6mm cord

seddon

Not personally.

But (just in case it has passed you by) I'd expect that Any Kirkpatrick's website will have something about it. I assume that you're using it as a pull down cord in a mountaineering style? If I recall, there's a tendency to use a spectra derived cord for this, as i) it's lighter and smaller ii) it's a bit stronger for when you've really got to haul on it to get over minor snags

Please share results of your enquiries - and especially if you use this system...

cap n chris

Yes, Tony: pull-through is mostly what we had in mind, using a belay plate. Shall check out the website when I've got a spare four seconds. Ta.

langcliffe

cap 'n chris said:
Has anyone got any experience of using 6mm cord in SRT or pull-through scenarios?

I have tried it on solo trips, but gave up after a few tries. The main problem I had was that the rope enjoyed tying itself into knots when left to its own devices in the bag, and I seemed to be spending a lot of time sorting it out at the top of the pitches.

I never had a real problem in pulling it down apart from the fact that one tends to think the worst when nothing happens as the stretch is taken up.

But in the end I decided that I preferred the weight of an extra rope.

AndyF

I'd agree. It's more trouble than it's worth for the minor weight saving.

There is added risk of a snag, it ties itself in knots and it usually takes longer to get a belay that is suitable for this technique.

Much better to invest in an abseil device that you can use on double ropes (not trying to reignite the rack/stop debate ;)) plus, in having a double rope and you get an unrecoverable snag, you can possibly chop off a useful bit of your main rope to use in the rest of the trip.