Wind farm at Brightenber Hill, North Yorkshire

nickwilliams

Since my original notification of this is now locked, I thought I'd start a new thread to permit discussion.

I've so far received only the following comment. It came from another member of the forum but since it was sent to me by PM I'll let them decide if they wish to publically associate themselves with their comments:

Nick

As I was nearly passing today I had a look at the site of the wind farm that BCRA has been asked to comment on. I have to say I can not see how this has any relevance to BCRA or caving, for caves to be found in these parts would be quite exciting! I am therefore surprised that BCRA has been asked to comment. It is for yourselves to decide if you want to respond to something that has no relevance to caving.

I doubt the site would be very visible from any caving area, although it would proably be visible from the top of Malham Cove about 11km distant as well as Kirkby Fell. Although in nice rolling countryside I doubt that it will be highly visible from elsewhere but I may be wrong.

I do not want to enter the debate for or against wind farms. However if you were pro wind renewable energy then this would probably be one of the least visually damaging sites with Craven and hence a good location, assuming the wind strengths are good.

If I was asked for my own personal opinion (but I have not) I would be in favour of this development, whilst still being mainly against wind farms in national parks, ANOB's and other sites of high landscape value.

Best wishes

Any other comments?

Nick.