current OFD access

Allan

Notice concerning Covid 19 related access to OFD and facilities at South Wales Caving Club
Frequently changing National regulations governing travel, outdoor meeting and use of residential accommodation (including camping) have all impacted on the ability of SWCC to  maintain its normal services to the wider caving community.
During April 2021 the Club has been able to open OFD to permit-holding caving groups, using the normal booking system via the permit secretary. It is still important that all visitors sign in and record their visit to the cave.
The use of the ?porch? toilets has been made possible for visiting caving groups by the redesigning of the facilities in the doorway of the changing room cottage. Respecting social distancing and maintenance of hygiene are of course essential and we request they are left in a clean condition.
However, there is no access to the changing rooms or showers as these are deemed shared facilities excluded by current Covid regulations.
Unfortunately SWCC cannot offer any residential facilities to non-members at this time.
This specifically means that at the moment  there is no visitor camping and no use of any of the facilities inside the building other than the porch with the OFD access resources and the toilets. i.e Visitors must all be non-residential.  As soon as we are able to do so we will inform the wider caving community so please help us in this staged endeavour to return caving to its previous normality.
SWCC  Hon Sec.
April 2021

Samouse1

Can I get clarification on who can get a permit, as some of my friends are reading it as only the clubs that have an annual permit can get access currently. Cheers

Allan

Hi Samouse1
Any caving club can now apply to the Permit Secretary in the normal way for a permit to enter OFD.