John Peel RIP

SamT

Influential BBC DJ and radio presenter John Peel dies at the age of 65 after suffering a heart attack while on a working holiday in Peru.

RIP man :cry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3955289.stm

M

Mole

Sad indeed,but at least he went while he was doing something he considered worthwhile.

:D :D :D :D (the smileys are in appreciation of the hard work he put into introducing new talent onto the music scene).

M

Mole

I heard one of his colleagues on the radio saying that John used to listen to approx 150 demo tapes per week,but never got bored as he knew somewhere in there,there would be 3 minutes that would really move him,and that's what made it worthwhile.

cave junky

It will never be the same again driving to the dales to go caving on a saturday morning listing to Home Truths. He will be missed.

bubba

Administrator
A great loss and he was only 65 ffs :(

He went beyond the chintz of chart-music and brought fresh and interesting sounds from many diverse genres to everyone from kids listening late at night out in obscure villages to established musicians.

Few people have had such unanimous respect from such a vast cross-section of society.

RIP John - I'll miss your comforting voice late at night playing me some hardcore thrash....then some weird folk music....then some drum and bass......then some......