Wow.

Amy

So I can't sleep and of course most of my US friends are asleep at this hour. So I come over here figuring "Hey! Ya'all should be getting up about now!" and then I'm disappointed I can't find any UK friends online. What gives?

anfieldman

Only a little bit too early Amy! I was up but as you should know by now, a cup of tea is the very first thing of the day.  ;)

Amy

Indeed. Tea is needed! But ya see, I usually sip my tea while browsing the Internet in the morning.

I like tea a lot and I can't stand coffee. So yeah, I totally fit in better over there :)

Amy

No work again!?!? WHY!??! I'm jealous.

Oh, right, is it snowing there and ya'all freaked out?

Yeah there is snow here now (happened overnight) and I still have work. Which I should leave for. Now.

Tootles!

Elaine

I think the thing is that those of us who have to get up early are out working early - after all, who gets up earlier than they need to first thing?!!

I don't get to come back in and have my first look on the computer until after 8am at the moment.

dunc

As Elaine.. I'm usually at work at that time and certainly don't waste time on t'internet when I get up. I have enough time to do what's needed and get to work and no more!!

Oh, right, is it snowing there and ya'all freaked out?
Some people perhaps, a respectable portion of people just get on with it and the media over sensationalise it.....  :confused:

Amy

Yeah well after this morning I shouldn't be talking. Every first snow of the year here all Michigan drivers forget what it is. You'd think they remember, it happens every year! Eh give it a few days and traffic will settle back to normal flow patterns again. It's not as bad as what I hear it can get there at least. My 30 min commute took 1.5 hours this morning. Going back up will be easier. Part of the issue was actually an accident on the highway.