• BCA Finances

An informative discussion

Recently there was long thread about the BCA. I can now post possible answers to some of the questions, such as "Why is the BCA still raising membership prices when there is a significant amount still left in its coffers?"

Click here for more

SUSS Naked Calendar 2008 !!!

Rob

How best to advertise such a momentous piece of caving literature?

Firstly i could talk about the 26 pages of beautifully presented photographs, the matt finish and the thick paper, giving it an air of professional quality.

Or i could concentrate on the fact that this years SUSS calendar is double sided, with boys on one side and girlies on the other, to allow for the orientation of your preference all year round.

Maybe i could start with a comercially-driven, consumer-robbing quote such as: "Christmas is almost here and it's about time you should be thinking about what lovely pressies you'll be getting all your lovely friends. Well don't worry, SUSS have done all the hard work, so that you don't have to."

Or possibly push you emotionally towards the calendar by mentioning that half of the profits will be going towards the BCRC's Casualty Bag Project, helping volunteer cave rescue organisations all over the country. The other half helping fund another successful student expedition in future years.

It would definitely be worth the advert mentioning that they will be available for sale at Hidden Earth from the Speleo Projets stand, at the ridiculously cheap price of ?8. And if you time it right, you may even be able to get a few of the models to sign your copy!  ;)

Then, i thought, how about just show everybody a sneak preview and let the photos do the talking...

n511602646_178254_9782.jpg
n511602646_178255_216.jpg

SamT

the person trying to stay out of shot on the right in the Berger photo has given himself away.  :LOL:

ttxela

ChrisJC said:
I'm not going to HE - can I buy mine online?

Chris.

I'd like a couple too, they made good presents last year. Not going to be at HE though as it's my daughters birthday this weekend and I'm taking her and some of her friends camping.

Peter Burgess

ttxela said:
ChrisJC said:

Chris.

I'd like a couple too, they made good presents last year. Not going to be at HE though as it's my daughters birthday this weekend and I'm taking her and some of her friends camping.
Go camping in Tewkesbury! ?5 per tent for the whole weekend!

ttxela

Peter Burgess said:
ttxela said:
ChrisJC said:

Chris.

Go camping in Tewkesbury! ?5 per tent for the whole weekend!

I did consider it, trouble is not everyone is coming for the whole weekend and it's a bit far from us for those coming and going. Is HE always on the same weekend each year?

Les W

ttxela said:
Is HE always on the same weekend each year?

We would like Hidden Earth to be the same weekend each year but due to lots of circumstances it is not always possible. Our prefered dates would be the last full weekend in September but as you can see we have failed to achieve that this year. We haven't yet confirmed next years dates either so I can't help you there yet.

Sorry  :cautious:

Les

ChrisJC

ordered mine  :clap:
Shame about the postal strike keeping me from viewing it for a week though... o_O :chair: :spank:

Chris.

Cave_Troll

With Christmas coming up , what a perfect gift for the caver in your life.
Two photos per month will please leanings in either direction (male / female)