Wanted: Good quality Caving Lamp

Alice2012

I have done lots of caving for about 3 years now and I am looking to get a descent light. If anyone has any suggestions or even better one for sale please comment. :)

cap n chris

Hi Alice,

Are you after:
a) brand new (if so, what's your budget)?
b) second hand (ditto)?
c) cast-off?
d) Christmas cracker plasticky novelty?

Amy

Les W said:
QFT.

I dont have the funds for a Rude Nora (and I believe the website says currently sold out!) but I do use Bif's custom duo. I have the orignal full face omni and the second version looks even better, of course!

I dont know how it is there, but here you can find lots of old duos  with crapped out bulbs and people who scuffed them for newer led lights that will give you their old duo. Which...is all you need. Because the modules Bif makes just litterally drop right into them! So basically for the cost of the module you have an amazing cave-worthly light with a great balance of lumens/beam profile/run time/etc all those important things that to borrow Chris' phrasing "Christmas cracker plasticky novelty" stuff doesn't have. I'd assume there it's even more important than here to have a good water-tight light. (here folks get stuck on the Princeton Tec apex, which, while fine for dry caving....and sure it's free new one if yours bust....but you'll be busting it all the time whichain't good!) So yeah. For your $100 or less range of caving light primaries....Custom Duo from Bif.

If you are up in the higher teir (like $500 range, well, and scurions are way more than that for the higher modules) then definitly Rude Nora.

(Rude Nora and Custom Duo are both Bif's, and in that link.)

(y)

Dang so many people asking light info lately I swear I feel like a broken record, hahahahaha!