.aditnow.co.uk/

royfellows

Temporarily closed to read only, all info is still there but obviously only at guest level for the moment. Simon will bring sections of it back on line as he is able.
For the meantime, the forum is active on here thanks to Tim and Jane who run this site.

GOLDSecurity

Ok do you think they need lange time for it? I mean, for login-page. It has working on my old Pc, because i never shut it down. Today has pc crashed, and now 100% can't login xD.

o_O o_O

I hope this site ukadit will works before 2023

Thanks for hard job to rework this page to update🤗

royfellows

Sorry to say this but I think you are now out for good until the site work is completed.
I can offer a service whereby any information on there bar copyright photos can be retrieved on request. I am thinking mine descriptions, documents etc. I dont have anything 'special', just that I was logged in already when the site went read only. I dont think my office Dell will crash, so offer should remain good.

RobinGriffiths

Thinking about this. Is it worth getting a copy of all the mining docs and putting them somewhere live archive.org ?

sinker

RobinGriffiths said:
Thinking about this. Is it worth getting a copy of all the mining docs and putting them somewhere live archive.org ?

Things are in hand, have no fear  :)

Change the subject.....  ;)

lumenchild

royfellows said:
Sorry to say this but I think you are now out for good until the site work is completed.
I can offer a service whereby any information on there bar copyright photos can be retrieved on request. I am thinking mine descriptions, documents etc. I dont have anything 'special', just that I was logged in already when the site went read only. I dont think my office Dell will crash, so offer should remain good.

I have always wanted to look into Halkyn mine, and its history, and the history of the train that still works in there, I'd certainly appreciate any info on the history, and who to contact for access or a guided trip by someone who knows the mine and has access :D

alastairgott

I think there's a book, Cavemanmike from UCET may be able to help with the name of the book. send him a message if he doesn't spot your post above.

ChrisJC

Do you mean The Milwr Tunnel by Cris Ebbs?
https://www.abebooks.co.uk/Milwr-Tunnel-Bagillt-Loggerheads-1897-1987-Cris/30333821127/bd

Chris.

cavemanmike

ChrisJC said:
Do you mean The Milwr Tunnel by Cris Ebbs?
https://www.abebooks.co.uk/Milwr-Tunnel-Bagillt-Loggerheads-1897-1987-Cris/30333821127/bd

Chris.

That's the one Chris.
There is a second edition as well.
Gcc run trips in the milwr tunnel if you can hold of them

cavemanmike

ChrisJC said:
Is it still working?

Chris.
No its out of action, our train has had a few problems but the Gcc train is running like clockwork but they practically live in the tunnel so it's much easier to keep it maintained

Cantclimbtom

Paul Marvin said:
Lets just be content with what we have at the moment after all it keeps us guys chatting  (y)
Maybe, but the site is a corrupting influence on mine explorers ;) I went on my first caving trip yesterday... as a direct result of reading the posts and photos while on this site.

Gaping Gill Dihedral. If there are any of you mine explorers out there who've not tried it, I'd thoroughly recommend it, an absolutely brilliant trip have a good nosey about to look at mud hall etc and formations en route. (At risk of stating the ** obvious - you'd need to be pretty comfortable with the full range of SRT). Highly recommended trip!!!!