• The 6th and final winning ticket number is 558

    Check your ticket - if you won, claim your prize!

    The sixth prize to be drawn is the Mountain Equipment Lhotse Goretex Jacket

    Click here to claim

  • Welcome to our new forum members!

    Stay with us after the competition is over.

    Don't drift away to only using the billionaire techbro platforms. UKC is so much more than winning a prize! 20+ years of combined caver knowledge. UKC - the cavers' online community.

    Click here for more

Penyghent Cafe

Pitlamp

Well-known member
Just a quick one - the Penyghent Cafe evidently closed from Monday 3rd September. A sign in the window says: "until further notice". Thought it might be useful for fellow cavers to be aware of, in case you're planning to go there.

I don't know the reason for this but I hope it's intended to be temporary. I have very happy memories of being looked after by Peter Bayes and family when I was a very young caver.

If anyone notices it's open again, please could you post a note here?
 
Seconded, Peter probably encouraged more people into caving over the years than he remembers. For myself - after being dragged down to the cafe in 1974 (by a father who was fed up of a 14 year old dissapearing into various caves on my own with a copy of Pennine Underground and a bike lamp) Peter provided a personal introduction to Pete Ryder & Moldywarps Speleological Group. Two days later I was digging in the back end of Devis with them. I happily met Peter and son a couple of years ago and thanked them for a lifetimes worth of caving enjoyment & friends.
 
Back
Top