Recent content by thehungrytroglobite

1. thehungrytroglobite

CHECC MEME COMP 2022

James waite from Cardiff came first, jonty pine from Bangor came second
  2. thehungrytroglobite

CHECC 'WORST CAVE YOU'VE EVER DONE' COMP 2022

Well done for winning this. I especially loved the description of 'Mendip syndrome'. MNRC, who kindly sponsored this competition, have been informed that you won so UBSS can claim their free weekend whenever they like and encourage the spread of mendip syndrome
  3. thehungrytroglobite

CHECC MEME COMP 2022

absolute legend, already won the comp and just can't stop. Getting a head start on next year
  4. thehungrytroglobite

CHECC POETRY COMP 2022

well now I wish I hadn't dropped out of my latin class in the first week of term. V cool reading
  5. thehungrytroglobite

CHECC POETRY COMP 2022

I love rowter, have fond memories of my small yellow friend strangling herself in there. The ice cream series is one of the more satisfactory parts of weak district caving
  6. thehungrytroglobite

Menstruating + Caving

That's a great article thank you! And thanks to everyone who has responded to the survey. Had over 300 responses now, which highlight some really important stuff and include some great ideas. I'll collate the responses into a summary and share when I'm done :)
  7. thehungrytroglobite

so brownness in caving is measured in ale
  8. thehungrytroglobite

THERE ARE NO CAVES IN MENDIP! (or so goes the tale)
  9. thehungrytroglobite

Menstruating + Caving

Thank you! Over 150 responses now... some really insightful stuff
  10. thehungrytroglobite

Menstruating + Caving

In preparation for a talk at CHECC & the next Speleo Sisters weekend on 'Crampy Caving: managing caving whilst menstruating' I've created a couple of short questionnaires. I'd be super grateful if as many people as possible could fill these out - they don't take very long, and there is one for...
  11. thehungrytroglobite

CHECC MEME COMP 2022

newly created ideally :))
  12. thehungrytroglobite

Tell us about the worst cave you've ever done - and you might receive a free weekend at the MNRC hut in Mendip. Again, be sure to note your name and the club you represent at the bottom. Deadline 24th November.
  13. thehungrytroglobite

CHECC MEME COMP 2022

Submit your entries for the CHECC Meme competition here! Again, no rules apart from that they're related to caving in some way. Please state your name and club. Winning club receives a free SWCC Weekend. DEADLINE 24th NOVEMBER.
  14. thehungrytroglobite

CHECC POETRY COMP 2022

This is the thread for submissions for the CHECC Poetry Comp 2022. Please post them below, INCLUDING your name and the student club that you represent. There are no rules apart from that the poem is caving related. The winner will receive a bundle of Descent magazines AND their poem will be...
  15. thehungrytroglobite

Rowter Hole - weather

I was wandering if anyone has info on how Rowter reacts to rain? Last time I was there some badgers were working on the stream just after the choke to divert the water so that it was a more weather-resistant trip. Does anyone know if this work was completed or if the water is still being...