Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Petzl Duo

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Custom Duo

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters

droid

MagnumStar.

Brightest light I've ever owned. Twice as bright as a Stenlight at a third the price.

estelle

Much as i would love a Rude Nora should my bank balance permit, for diggingn travel convenience of AA batteries and budget, the customduo upgrade for your duo is well worth buying if you already have a duo as they are rubbish without it!

tim.rose2

Use a normal priced / brightness LED light eg. Bisun (which I use), Duo + custom upgrade, clulite etc and cable tie one of these (or something similar) to your helmet for those moments you want more light

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TrustFire-Z3-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-Flashlight-1000Lm-Zoomable-Torch-18650-ch-/280870114731?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Camping_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item416529d5ab#ht_4233wt_1059

Is very bright, and appears to be robust.  Both me and Sas bought these just after christmas and have done >20 trips including sump 1 in Swildons a few times + other wet bits.  Still working fine, no signs of leaking.

Bob Smith

I've recently been playing with one of these, mainly for diving, and it kicks ass!

Exposure Dive Preview, technology of the future

It's cheaper than a Scurrion (although not by much) and at 2000 lumens at the emitter it's like having the sun under water!

I've never been too impressed at the "homemade" feel of the Stenlight battery, cable and battery connector. For the price I would expect more.

Custom Duo for my main light.

Pete K

I have an original P4 Scurion and I love it. Always wished it had a AA battery option though. For that reason and for the sheer sylishness of them, I'd be buying a Rude Nora with my money if I was shopping today. That said, a second hand Scurion P4 can be upgraded for under ?20 to double the power with a pair of new Cree's and I use it for filming now.
http://youtu.be/LQF7uKgLBRE

kdxn

Custom Duo gets my vote for UK caving.

The Poll needs a few more options eg. Petzl Duo, Custom Duo.......

Just recently purchased the "El Speleo", first in UK.
A Croatian caver built 1800 headlamp.
Like the Scurion 1500 but a third of the price and I got a spare battery.
Switch at back of headlight, 6 way, either three settings for wide LED or three settings for spot LED.
Chunky waterproof connectors.
Li 18650 battery sealed in metal enclosure.
Swapping batteries requires undoing two knurled nuts to remove from helmet.
Small battery charger.
Useful for very big spaces.

paul

I bought a Scurion while caving in France 3 or 4 years ago. I'll stick with that for now. If I was looking for a new lamp, I would definitely consider the Rude Nora.

ttxela

owd git said:
crickleymal said:
Don't know, I make my own lights.
So do I; being a 'kin tight Owd Git. (y) (y)

So do I

25242410150266747626757.jpg

badger

I now have a scurion and whilst I can fault the light power I would say it is quite heavy and quite expensive, for the money would say rude nora is a good option, but I think the best option especially price, is a duo with a bif upgrade, I know some people have issues with duo's but my duo has worked flawlessly for well over 6 years.

aside from candlabra (followed closely by toilet brush holders), rude noras are the best. i must have borrowed everything untill got mine. it doesnt matter if i lose ny charger for a month, as you'd starve before you drain the batteries on a nora. and they come in glamourous colours  (y)