• The 6th and final winning ticket number is 558

    Check your ticket - if you won, claim your prize!

    The sixth prize to be drawn is the Mountain Equipment Lhotse Goretex Jacket

    Click here to claim

  • Welcome to our new forum members!

    Stay with us after the competition is over.

    Don't drift away to only using the billionaire techbro platforms. UKC is so much more than winning a prize! 20+ years of combined caver knowledge. UKC - the cavers' online community.

    Click here for more

Caving Undersuits...

jack_simps97

New member
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me whether there is a significant difference between the Warmbac & AV undersuits and undersuits like the GUL radiation suit.

The Warmbac one just seems very expensive compared to the Gul suit while the specs suggest not a lot of difference.

Cheers,

Jack
 
The materials are very similar, if not the same.  I have used the Gul for paddle sports and find the fit quite baggy, which I don't mind under a dry suit, but  for caving I want skin fit with stretch as this is much warmer when soaking wet.
Also my Gul suit had no collar.  Not an issue under a dry suit, in fact sensible, but I'd think very uncomfortable for caving?
 
I have had a warmbac one and the cuffs were nice. The sheep and skulls ones Ive got are a bit baggy when wet whereas the warmbac one was spot on.

The thing is, I usually use a long sleeved vest and long johns. Purely because otherwise I'm sweating like a blind lesbian in a fishmongers.  :tease:
 
Back
Top