Author Topic: Stumbled across this little gem.  (Read 6816 times)

Offline Martin Laverty

• menacing presence
Re: Stumbled across this little gem.
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 01:49:38 am »
Thank you, Newstuff, for sharing your spoofing new find, which I find rather in the vein of newsthump.com (but without the comments) and other websites. It is clearly appreciated by many other users of this forum, so thank you, too, to the moderators for your judgement.

I see that they have now added another infuriatingly amusing article, but am annoyed not to be able to recognise the 'Clapham-based potholer tweeting, "Shocked to hear 2 Mendip rescues underground in 2017 - thought there were no caves on Mendip. Next you'll be telling me they've got a cave that's 9 km long LOL".'.  (c) DB Satire & Parody Ltd.

Offline David Rose

• forum star
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2018, 10:02:11 am »
It's a very sad day when people lose the ability to laugh at themselves - and to confuse humour with personal attacks. 

Offline BradW

• menacing presence
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 10:21:08 am »
It's a very sad day when people lose the ability to laugh at themselves - and to confuse humour with personal attacks.
Most people are able to do this, fortunately. A few cannot but that is not necessarily their fault - it's just the way they are made. We need to remember that when we have fun at their expense.

Offline Joe90

• Is an
  • obsessive maniac
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 11:04:57 am »
Always a shame if people feel offended by something. I was actually upset by how long the page took to load, the content was brilliant.

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

All I know is that I don't know nothing

Offline droid

• forum hero
  • WMRG
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 11:29:46 am »
Main problem is people that can dish it out but not take it.

Seen many a discussion on here degenerate into mere insult because of this. Though admittedly the medium (written rather than face to face) doesn't help.
No longer 'Exceptionally antagonistic' 'Deliberately inflammatory'

Offline ali_mac

• regular
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 01:32:11 pm »
Not offensive to me personally. Call it a bit of fun, satire, humour, whatever you want ali-mac. But I think that going to considerable effort to set up a website (and to then advertise it on a public forum) with the clear sole intention of ridiculing specific individuals within our caving community and having a laugh at their expense, crosses the line from humour to bullying. I may be the only person on here to think so, but I'm entitled to that view.

It took considerable effort to script-write, make puppets, sets and film Spitting Image and broadcast it to the nation.  It took considerable effort to script write, perform impressions and broadcast Dead Ringers, script-write, perform, film & broadcast The Thick Of it, South Park, and so on.

Just because you find something distasteful, does not mean it should immediately banned. 

It doesn't take considerable effort to set up a website, especially something as crude as that.  Register a domain, pay your registration fee, chuck on some hosting, probably the price of a pint a month...

Offline Simon Beck

• obsessive maniac
    • Legends Session
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 02:02:09 pm »
Highly amusing! I think we are all guilty of taking things far too seriously some of the time, especially on here. There must a limitless supply of examples. I would suggest an article about those who use pseudonyms to hide their true identity? Keep em coming!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 02:10:41 pm by Simon Beck »

Offline ObviousSpectre

• regular
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2018, 05:54:02 pm »
Good laugh  ;D
"Water is a third oxygen so we should be fine"

Online Kenilworth

• forum star
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2018, 10:38:24 pm »
Highly amusing! I think we are all guilty of taking things far too seriously some of the time, especially on here. There must a limitless supply of examples. I would suggest an article about those who use pseudonyms to hide their true identity? Keep em coming!

He ain't hiding his his identity, he's protecting his job, which makes him, in my opinion, a very Prudent, Sage, Astute, Shrewd, and Discerning Man.

Offline Simon Beck

• obsessive maniac
    • Legends Session
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2018, 11:13:18 pm »

He ain't hiding his his identity, he's protecting his job, which makes him, in my opinion, a very Prudent, Sage, Astute, Shrewd, and Discerning Man.

The last person my suggestion was intended for was the author of the above site/material.. It's as common a trend on forums as just about anything else. 

Online Kenilworth

• forum star
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2018, 01:17:29 am »

The last person my suggestion was intended for was the author of the above site/material.. It's as common a trend on forums as just about anything else.

You're accusing the man of lying now... or did you miss the crystal clear disclaimer?
Satire is hard work.

Offline droid

• forum hero
  • WMRG
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2018, 01:24:23 am »
Kenilworth: you're raving now.

Take more water with it.
No longer 'Exceptionally antagonistic' 'Deliberately inflammatory'

Online Kenilworth

• forum star
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2018, 02:04:07 am »
Kenilworth: you're raving now.

Take more water with it.

:thumbsup:

Offline 2xw

• obsessive maniac
  • Caving slag (but SUSS really)
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2018, 11:57:10 am »
Not sure how often the website updates, but it has been of recent  :coffee:

one wonders if the cbc have jobs to go to

Offline SamT

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
    • The Eldon Pothole Club
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2018, 12:12:28 pm »
 :lol:

Offline paulc

• WCG
    • my webpage
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2018, 05:43:43 pm »
A thoroughly good read, bookmark added  :thumbsup:

Offline Topimo

• SUSS-EPC-BB
  • obsessive maniac
  • School of Karst Rocks. University of NiFe.
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2018, 09:40:18 am »
Not sure how often the website updates, but it has been of recent  :coffee:

one wonders if the cbc have jobs to go to

I'm not sure the CBC are "free love" enough to infiltrate the Red Rose if the claims are true!

Offline David Rose

• forum star
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2018, 11:00:05 am »
WARNING: all the personal data of cavers who access this site is being secretly harvested by Cambridge Analytica, which is working on behalf of a mystery candidate who is going to stand for election as Andy Eavis's successor as BCA chairman. Their likes, dislikes - and above all, their reactions to the RRCPC item - will be analysed by an algorithm which will then tailor the candidate's pitch to every voter in order to ensure victory.

You have been warned. If you want to see the underground alt right triumph, just continue laughing at this disgraceful enterprise. It's deadly serious.

Offline cooleycr

• menacing presence
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2018, 11:02:49 am »
The Red Rose wasn't like that last time I stayed - and how the hell did they get a 1G fibre link out there!?!?!!

this is a really good read and nobody should take offence, it is as many people have already realised, satire..

P.S.

I note that somebody posted that picture from the care home on the forum!
TSG

Offline aardgoose

• regular
  • DCA DCRO
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2018, 11:12:54 am »

In the real world Bull Pot Farm has internet connection via https://b4rn.org.uk/

Offline alastairgott

• QWERTY abusing
  • forum hero
  • Live in Hope, Die in a Vein
    • CURB Hope Valley Parking Restrictions
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2018, 02:00:11 pm »
The Red Rose wasn't like that last time I stayed - and how the hell did they get a 1G fibre link out there!?!?!!

this is a really good read and nobody should take offence, it is as many people have already realised, satire..

P.S.

I note that somebody posted that picture from the care home on the forum!

I can't find it and my memory's going, so I can't remember if I've seen it before. I'd have my money on either the Cornish, the Scottish or the Irish. It's on the WWW, so who knows?

Offline aricooperdavis

• obsessive maniac
  • Exeter | The Lakes
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2018, 03:37:38 pm »
I enjoyed this little "quote" from the most recent article on Dankness:

"We got together for a meeting and realised we'd rather be caving. Because of this we're putting an awful amount of really good work into making ourselves redundant"

That, to me, sounds like it should be a founding premise of any access body. You know you've nailed it once you don't have to do anything anymore!

Offline Topimo

• SUSS-EPC-BB
  • obsessive maniac
  • School of Karst Rocks. University of NiFe.
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2018, 06:11:06 pm »
I enjoyed this little "quote" from the most recent article on Dankness:

"We got together for a meeting and realised we'd rather be caving. Because of this we're putting an awful amount of really good work into making ourselves redundant"

That, to me, sounds like it should be a founding premise of any access body. You know you've nailed it once you don't have to do anything anymore!

Sounds like we're finally approaching Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism.

Offline Dave Tyson

• menacing presence
  • WCG/UCET
    • Wirral Caving Group
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2018, 09:30:45 am »
I noticed yesterday there is a new topic, '5 reasons CRoW will never apply to caves' on the site  ;D

http://danknessbelow.co.uk/

Dave

Offline tony from suffolk

• forum hero
  • I see dead people...
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2018, 10:02:35 am »
I noticed yesterday there is a new topic, '5 reasons CRoW will never apply to caves' on the site  ;D

http://danknessbelow.co.uk/

Dave
Hilarious!!  :clap2:
"Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment"