• The 6th and final winning ticket number is 558

    Check your ticket - if you won, claim your prize!

    The sixth prize to be drawn is the Mountain Equipment Lhotse Goretex Jacket

    Click here to claim

  • Welcome to our new forum members!

    Stay with us after the competition is over.

    Don't drift away to only using the billionaire techbro platforms. UKC is so much more than winning a prize! 20+ years of combined caver knowledge. UKC - the cavers' online community.

    Click here for more

DistoX2 not charging?

Duncan Price

Active member
My DistoX2 appears not to be charging.  in the past I have removed the battery case cover and plugged in to a USB charger via the micro-USB port in the case and the battery status indicator shows it accepting charge when it is switched on.  I have checked this using a ChargerDoctor type adapter and it is not charging.

Any ideas?

(I have some surveying to do... might have to break out the compass, clino & tape measure)
 
A couple of possibilities....

1) The charging circuit on the distox2 board is knackered (Beat should be able to replace the chip for you)

2) The micro USB socket is knackered or the connection between the micro usb socket and the battery box prongs is broken.

3) The connection between the battery box prongs and the distox2 board is broken.

If you have a T6 screwdriver and a multimeter, you could open it up, plug a charging cable in, and check the voltage across the metal prongs and the contacts on the board - you should find 5v in both cases.

If you're struggling you're more than welcome to post it up to me and I'll take a look ASAP.

Hope that helps!

B
 
Duncan Price said:
(I have some surveying to do... might have to break out the compass, clino & tape measure)

I can lend you mine if you can't get yours to charge...
 
Back
Top