Witchcraft investigation sub group?

ZombieCake

I understand there are  a number of people investigating witch marks in caves and other places, myself included. Is there any appetite for forming a sort of group within the caving community to take the research and investigation further?

Graigwen

ZombieCake said:
I understand there are  a number of people investigating witch marks in caves and other places, myself included. Is there any appetite for forming a sort of group within the caving community to take the research and investigation further?

I believe there is already a group involved in the Dark Arts in relation to a cave in South East Wales, although their main effort appears to be directed towards restricting access to caves. They are called something like the Black Pool Coven Magic Group.

ZombieCake

a group involved in the Dark Arts
There's dark arts and dark arts.  Worshippers of Cthulhu would give their last ounce of insanity to understand caving politics.  Even cheesed off Willow of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Series 6 hasn't enough power to sort (OK, I'm a bit biased there, I like that show). There's more chance of a photon escaping from a  super massive black hole, or a deeper understanding of the intricacies of the air speed velocity of a swallow (African or European, laden or unladen) than sorting out cave access stuff.  Help, I'm running out of metaphors....

Still I do think there's a case for a sub group as it's quite an interesting topic.

Roger W

A mine rather than a cave, and a wizard rather than witches, but...

"Some dwarf-gates will open only at special times, or for particular persons, and some have locks and keys that are still needed when all necessary times and words are known.  These doors have no key.  In the days of Durin they were not secret.  They usually stood open and doorwards sat here.  But if they were shut, anyone who knew the opening word could speak it and pass in.  At least, so it is recorded, is it not, Gimli?"

"It is," said the dwarf.  "But what the word was is not remembered.  Narvi and his craft and all his kindred have vanished from the earth."

"But do not you know the word, Gandalf?" asked Boromir in surprise.

"No!" said the wizard.

(From The Lord Of The Rings, Book 2, chapter 4, by JRR Tolkien)