Keeping fit in the time of coronavirus

David Rose

With the mountains, caves and gyms shut for the foreseeable future, we're all going to need to find workouts we can do at home. I happen to have a pair of 5 kg weights. I've just done most of this lot, with some pressups and planks too. It got me breathing hard and sweating, anyway.

https://www.mh.co.za/workouts/10-ways-to-use-5kg-dumbbells-to-transform-your-physique/?fbclid=IwAR2Lhr6EbueENdK5O1L5wXQnlTs__aU6F2ML9zsv0kdkEWHERuEcOtxsfRA

CatM

There's loads of free online workouts. Eg. Gymshark are doing a live session every hour on their Facebook page. And I believe Joe Wicks is doing a PE session every morning on YouTube; aimed at kids but I hear just as suitable for adults.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Stu

CatM said:
There's loads of free online workouts. Eg. Gymshark are doing a live session every hour on their Facebook page. And I believe Joe Wicks is doing a PE session every morning on YouTube; aimed at kids but I hear just as suitable for adults.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

The Joe Wicks one was great. Did it with the kids. I'm a middle aged cynic and thought I'd hate it. I've seen the kids do it before and he's what I term 'a bit keen' grumble grumble. Tell you what he's a cheery soul and a real antidote to what's happening.

Rock and Run are doing hangboards with 20% off too (apologies if this contravenes some rule - I do not work for them, just get the email).

mrodoc

An exercise bike or a bike on a turbo trainer helps me although at the moment sitting on top of a Leylandi operating a cutter seems pretty energetic at my age.

2xw

fill your tacklebag with exped gear (or just random shit, compost or whatever) and do some of these https://www.menshealth.com/uk/workouts/g754150/bag-yourself-a-brand-new-physique/ whilst getting a friend to spray you with a hose.

Noticed all of these men's health links promise a brand new or transformed physique. Shall we expect you to be a chiseled Adonis upon coronavirus retreat David? Maybe we could do a charity BCA nude calendar  :LOL:

Stu

2xw said:
Noticed all of these men's health links promise a brand new or transformed physique. Shall we expect you to be a chiseled Adonis upon coronavirus retreat David? Maybe we could do a charity BCA nude calendar  :LOL:

I'll double any pledge if you don't!  :tease:

David Rose

I think the chances of me acquiring a chiseled new physique are remote. My only ambition is to stay fit and strong enough to be able to resume activities such as caving when this crisis is over without having a heart attack.

Alex

I remember the last time I was grounded, or perhaps I was just trying to exped train and the weather was crap, I filled a tackle back up and pushed around my living room floor whilst flat out crawling. I remember it being good exercise. Would wear the carpet out through.

Roger W

How much space have you got under your floorboards?

You could have quite an adventure following the water and gas pipes round, and if you have a working Distox you could practise a bit of surveying.