Author Topic: Caving in the Dales  (Read 693 times)

Offline Badlad

• Administrator
  • forum hero
Caving in the Dales
« on: March 23, 2020, 09:27:26 pm »
Hi everyone

Following today's changes in government and sister activity organisations advice we'll be shutting down the online booking system and halting issuing permits until further notice.  I'm sure everyone is sensible enough to act on the advice without me telling them what to do.  However as a representative organisation we would not want anyone to think caving in the Dales is open.  When we get the all clear we will open the system back up again.

Until then, be safe and good luck to all.
Tim Allen
CNCC Access officer

Offline David Rose

• forum star
Re: Caving in the Dales
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 01:01:15 pm »
What's so sad about this is that there's at least one dig to my knowledge right now that's practically wide open. What if someone pirates it and grabs all the glory during the crisis? I suppose we just have to trust our fellow cavers to be decent and responsible citizens.

Offline ali_mac

• regular
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 01:31:01 pm »
What's so sad about this is that there's at least one dig to my knowledge right now that's practically wide open. What if someone pirates it and grabs all the glory during the crisis? I suppose we just have to trust our fellow cavers to be decent and responsible citizens.

Then I would hope they receive the shunning from the wider community they would be due, for suck reckless, selfish behaviour

Online JoshW

• stalker
  • WSCC, YSS
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 01:56:17 pm »

Practically wide open! I’m tempted to go now!

Offline HardenClimber3

• stalker
  • CPC
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 02:00:14 pm »
It is simple.
They get no mention. No credit. Un-named.

Online MarkS

• Global Moderator
  • forum star
  • BBPC, YCC
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 02:25:26 pm »
there's at least one dig to my knowledge right now that's practically wide open.
:lol: :lol:

Offline Maj

• junky
  • MNRC, ATLAS, CPC.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 02:55:49 pm »
Once we get back to it, our current dig that has a roar of a stream not too far ahead could go anytime in the following weeks  :unsure:

months  :-[

years??? :'(

Maj.
Confucius say "War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left."

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search