Author Topic: Passage names  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Fjell

• player
Re: Passage names
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2020, 08:20:45 am »
My favourite is "duck with a bicycle pump up its arse". This is a passage was a low duck in Northern Vietnam cave. This fantastic name came from our team visiting a cafe in Vietnam where they saw a duck ( dead) with a person inflating it using a bicycle pump . Don't ask me why he was doing this but we did find it amusing hence the passage name. Mick Nunwick I believe came up with the name.

You blow up a duck when making Peking Duck or similar to make the skin crispy. It allows the fat to melt away. I’ll see if it’s in the Mary Berry Aga cookbook, she’s hard core.

Offline Pitlamp

• forum hero
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2020, 03:41:50 pm »
Whilst strolling on the 'Boro today I found myself pondering on some of the names in the GG system. Can anyone remind me what the back story is behind the name "Anagram Crawl"?

Offline langcliffe

• forum hero
    • Caving Routes in the Northern Dales
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2020, 03:47:54 pm »
Whilst strolling on the 'Boro today I found myself pondering on some of the names in the GG system. Can anyone remind me what the back story is behind the name "Anagram Crawl"?

Apparently the original explorers were trying to create a passage name out of their initials and failed, so took the easy way out.

Offline Pitlamp

• forum hero
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2020, 03:49:01 pm »
That was it - thanks Langcliffe.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search