Inglesport Break In

I see on FB that Inglesport were broken into and had a load of clothing nicked by some absolute scumbags.

Maybe keep your eyes out for cheap outdoor clothing being offered anywhere - perhaps they can post up what was nicked when they review the damage.

Steve Clark

Awful.

They've just posted up a CCTV video of the break in. Sledgehammer through the front door. 79 items of clothing gone in less than a minute.

https://www.facebook.com/Inglesport.Climbing.and.Caving.Equipment/videos/411939506481528/

Pitlamp

One of them is wearing fairly distinctive shoes. They knew exactly where to go in the shop, so probably staked it out not long beforehand. Just wondering if those shoes appeared on footage from the last few days during the day . . . .

Alex

That's crap, I guess we are going to be seeing more of this as the recession bites.

phizz4

If people weren't prepared to buy this stolen clothing there wouldn't be a market for it and there would be no point in stealing it. These thieves only steal what they know they can sell on. i agree that a list of items stolen would enable us to scour online selling sites, which is where I'm sure most of it will end up.

PeteHall

The trouble with that argument phizz4 is that there are lots of people quite legitimately selling outdoor gear online. Particularly now, when people are home more than usual, so more likely to be clearing out unused stuff, as well as potentially needing to raise some extra cash.

Looking out for specific items would be a good way to catch the perpetrators, however suggesting that people buying from each other online causes break-in's is utter crap.

phizz4

Most people having a clear out aren't advertising a range of sizes available new, with tags, not associated with a particular retailer. Those are the ones to look for. If there was no demand for illegal drugs we wouldn't have a county lines crisis.

Loki

I thought that too but then thought how would I walk through a shop in the pitch black with a pair of tights over my head? Not sure.

A_Northerner

cavemanmike said:
Without sounding controversial it looks more like a comedy "mince " gait to me

It looks like the walk of someone trying to tread over broken glass in cheap trainers to me.