Caught red-handed?

paul

Jopo - I looked at the page in the link and only got the header with no content.

Any chance of a brief synopsis?

Fred

Link works OK for me, but just incase the story is basically:

"A man was rescued this morning from a cave in Indiana, about seven hours after he fell about 15 feet in an underground shaft. The man was with two friends caving on private property in a remote area when he fell. He suffered only minor injuries in the fall.

Their sport utility vehicle had become stuck, and that’s when they went into two caves.

All three men were charged with criminal trespass. Other charges are pending. Conservation officials are considering charges of trespassing in a cave, removal of a cave formation and cave vandalism, allegedly for spray-painting inside a cave."

cap n chris

All the evidence is circumstantial, from my reading of events; like the Swildon's incident - unless you've actually got video footage of the damage occurring and/or at least two witnesses who saw the damage being done then on the basis of reasonable doubt, were it being tested in the UK, the case would fail at the first hurdle.

A

andymorgan

I can imagine if they can match the paint type and hand writing, then the evidence is increased.