Author Topic: "The Descent: Part 2"  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Joe Duxbury

• menacing presence
"The Descent: Part 2"
« on: January 13, 2009, 10:37:41 pm »
Have you seen that "The Descent: Part 2" has been made? It will be released in the UK on May 15th.
The website http://www.cinematical.com/2009/01/06/an-early-look-at-the-descent-part-2/ has a series of stills.
Look at the one of the blood-covered "heroine". What on earth is she wearing? Some kind of biker jacket?
So it looks like she did get back to the surface, after all.
Sharpen up yer ice-axes, lads, and load up yer flare guns!!

Colin the Caver

Re: "The Descent: Part 2"
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:34:36 am »
It's a bugger when you meet them Crawlers, spoils a good trip it does. >:(

Offline Cap'n Chris

• forum hero
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:39:58 am »
Just another normal day in Goatchurch Cavern by the looks of things, then!

Can hardly wait; pencilled in my diary already. Coolio! - I learned a lot from the first film and look forward to learning more from the next. (*];-)

Offline Wolfart

• obsessive maniac
  • Hereford Caving Club, ISSA
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 01:44:23 pm »
Oh goody can't wait,will have to hide in a cave to avoid it,no.......wait there might be them there thingy's in there...... :o :o :o
O god where can i hide? :o :o :o :o :o
Paint it black Specus Lupus

Offline Elaine

• forum hero
  • Axbridge Caving Group
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 02:54:51 pm »
Yes, that's just it.  :'(  I have only just got used to not expecting a white thing to jump out at me each time I go caving. And I am going to have to watch it too (tho not until it comes out on dvd, and by then everyone will have given away all the scariest bits!)
Wot tiny writing!

Offline Joe Duxbury

• menacing presence
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 05:39:41 pm »
Will any cavers put up their hands and admit to taking part in the making of "Part 2"?
Some of you had a great time as extras with the "crawler" costumes in the original.
I wonder if those props still exist? A head, mounted on a suitable wooden plaque, would make a great trophy for a caving hut.
Hmm. Might put some novices off, though...

Offline Cap'n Chris

• forum hero
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 06:01:06 pm »
 :o

Cavers? Surely not, Joe? Since the original film was made in a studio and didn't venture anywhere near a real cave (other than in pre-filming training for the actresses) I'd be surprised if any cavers have been required in the making of part deux, presuming that similar production techniques (ie carpentry/fake caves) were used.

Offline Peter Burgess

• forum hero
  • Left ukcaving by this name
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 06:22:21 pm »
I believe a certain cave rescue organisation contributed (loaned) some kit to the production team on the strict understanding that it was NOT to be used for anything more than static props, and they received a nice donation in return.