Sod lockdown I'm caving

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
During lockdown I'll have much more time on my hands to go caving.  My elderly uncle has always wanted to go on an easy trip so I thought I might take him to Yordas.  That's if the care home will let me take him out of course.  My niece wants to joins us but she is only recently back from a rave in France and she'll need to get over that nasty cough first.

What are you guys going to be doing?

cavemanmike

I've got a 300ft mine shaft about 2 metres from my house so "I'm alright Jack".
Sod the rest of you  :tease: :tease: :tease:

Minion

I moved to Mendip in October.

I?ve taken up lock picking as a lockdown hobby, my new lock pick set is due to be delivered via Amazon prime tomorrow.

Lock picks and lock picking skills may come in handy on Mendip.

Failing that, I?ll buy a decent pair of bolt cutters.

Rob

You can read all about what we're up to in the next Descent issues  (y)

Roger W

Me, I'm lining my caving helmet with aluminium foil to keep me safe from all that 5G radiation that will have me speaking Chinese before I know it.  And I'm keeping a good lookout for those green lizard aliens that are taking over our planet, disguised as humans.  Luckily they aren't too hard to spot - they can disguise themselves pretty well, but they don't seem to have worked out how to copy a decent human hairstyle yet.  I mean, just look at...

I'd better go - I think they're coming for me.

langcliffe

I'm going to stop procrastinating, and finally chop up the 200 metre reel of rope I've been staring at for the last five years.

Maybe.

ZombieCake

Me, I'm lining my caving helmet with aluminium foil to keep me safe from all that 5G radiation that will have me speaking Chinese before I know it.  And I'm keeping a good lookout for those green lizard aliens that are taking over our planet, disguised as humans.  Luckily they aren't too hard to spot - they can disguise themselves pretty well, but they don't seem to have worked out how to copy a decent human hairstyle yet.  I mean, just look at...

I'd better go - I think they're coming for me.

Have you been vaccinated then?  Heard there may be side effects of sudden bouts of lucidity.  :LOL:  :LOL: 

Unfortunately I need a new shed (roof leaking due to decomposition of structure), so I'll have to sit indoors again.

royfellows

I go out into the garden at night with my most powerful lamp and scare half the neighbourhood to death. They think aliens have landed, so could go viral on social media.

zzzzzzed

Badlad said:
During lockdown I'll have much more time on my hands to go caving.  My elderly uncle has always wanted to go on an easy trip so I thought I might take him to Yordas.  That's if the care home will let me take him out of course.  My niece wants to joins us but she is only recently back from a rave in France and she'll need to get over that nasty cough first.
That's a coincidence - we're having a rave in Yordas next weekend - we've got some amazing DJs.  Tell your niece to bring her friends  :D

Ed

Minion said:

I?ve taken up lock picking as a lockdown hobby, my new lock pick set is due to be delivered via Amazon prime tomorrow.

Taught child No 2 to pick lock in the first lockdown....

Oceanrower

Ed said:
Minion said:

Taught child No 2 to pick lock in the first lockdown....

Now try doing it through a 6 inch hole with the lock on the inside just within reach and full of grit.

Half the time I can't get the sodding things open even with a key...