Author Topic: caving tattoo ideas  (Read 1930 times)

Offline PeteHall

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • ChCC, GSS, SWCC, WCC, WCDG
Re: caving tattoo ideas
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2021, 04:05:05 pm »
The "Wretched Rabbit" was found from inside and it was dead...

Online thehungrytroglobite

• player
  • Newcastle Uni Caving Club
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2021, 09:19:19 pm »
perhaps a dead rabbit would make a good tattoo then.
alternatively a whirlpool and multi-headed monster to represent scylla & charybdis, which are my favourite holes.
or a nice minaret's type silhouette which is probably the most practical of these three options, but also the least fun.
full of whimsical ideas

Offline pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
    • Phil Wolstenholme website
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2021, 09:35:50 pm »
Here's one at the base of a quarry face that should have been wearing a helmet :)

Offline Alex

• forum hero
  • BRCC, UWFRA.
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2021, 10:11:11 am »
Was thinking of getting a tattoo of a rabbit wearing a caving helmet looking wretched (whatever that means) because county to WR was my first ever caving trip (well technically a trip in Ardeche was but I can't remember which cave it was now). The only problem is that I don't actually like WR, I think it's boring and the worst Easegill entrance so maybe not a good idea

And it collapsed and is likely to be for some time, so I guess you are quite happy then lol. Was it you I saw with a large sledge hammer almost a year ago then ;). As you went in County though you could have the overlay of the 3 county boundaries?

I had been thinking about getting a tattoo myself, though never did it. I was thinking a Petzl Stop, as my life literally depends on it, on my upper arm.
Anything I say is represents my own opinion and not that of a any club/organisation that I am a member of (unless its good of course)

Online Fulk

• forum hero
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2021, 11:18:35 am »
I'm sure I've heard somewhere that the 'wretched (dead) rabbit remains' were wrongly identified, and were in fact those of a fox. Maybe the name of the passage shoud be changed to 'Phantom Fox' or 'F***** Fox' or some such.

Online thehungrytroglobite

• player
  • Newcastle Uni Caving Club
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2021, 11:34:24 am »
Yes, 'good riddance' was my first thought, but after several clusterf*cks in Lancs / County this fresher's season I have changed my mind. One of these involved over 30 student cavers (from Newcastle, MUSC and ULSA) trying to get up/down the first pitch in county, and for about 15 members of the group it was the first time they'd ever done SRT so you can imagine what the traffic jam was like. I now think it would have been far more useful if wretched had been opened up for fresher's season and then strategically demolished again.

Just googled 'three counties boundary' and it came up with Gloucestershire/Herefordshire/Worcestershire. I will try again. That's actually not a bad idea though, because we all know that the Three Counties system is the best in the land.

A Petzl stop would be a cool tattoo! Though simple, or rack purists (if there are any of those left) might beg to differ.
full of whimsical ideas

Online Cantclimbtom

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2021, 04:29:18 pm »
perhaps a dead rabbit would make a good tattoo then...
This falls squarely into the "Dad Joke" category, and it's even more lame when written not spoken, but I still couldn't resist

Did you hear about the bald man who had a rabbit tattooed on his head?
From a distance it looked like he had a little hare...

Edit, I think a Simple would look better than a Stop
Expert in incompetent tomfoolery

Offline pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
    • Phil Wolstenholme website
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2021, 05:13:32 pm »
I use a modified Kong Banana myself. Not a Banana Kong :)

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal