Post-cave pint

PeteHall

First post-cave pint at a pub for over a year tonight.  :beer:

I say "at", rather than "in" as we had to sit outside (and provide a phone number), but really nice nonetheless after so long.

The Crown in Churchill is open until 10pm, but where else can you get a beer after caving at the minute?

Attachments

• 20210420_214210.jpg
    20210420_214210.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 817

pwhole

The pubs on my road still haven't re-opened, thank god. Two are for absolute blitzer alcoholics and one (next door) is for student music fans and goths. Saturday night bangers till 4am still not happening. Granted it's my fault for living in 'the city', and there are several motley chaps lying in a pile on the pavement across the road from me as I write to illustrate the point - and I also only drink about twice a year, but country pubs and rough city pubs are a world apart, and I definitely prefer the country ones. Apart from folks driving home afterwards with a skinful, but then it is a long way to walk ;)

moorebooks

A more civilised Pint at the Stiperstones Inn after working at Snailbeach preparing for NAMHO 2021

https://www.namho.org/conf2021/confpages/conf_home.php
Mike

Attachments

• sipers 1.jpg
    sipers 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 113

AR

pwhole said:
The pubs on my road still haven't re-opened, thank god. Two are for absolute blitzer alcoholics and one (next door) is for student music fans and goths.
You do have one decent pub slightly off the bottom end of your road Phil, the Beer Engine is a pretty civilised spot and also does a decent patatas bravas which went very well with a Friday lunchtime pint. I know what you mean about the dodgy ones though, I usually walk past them at double speed!

pwhole

Ah yes, I forgot about that one, though I had kept away from it for a while a few years ago after a change in ownership went somewhat awry ;)

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
In the Dales...  Typically the weather is good this time or year so an outside pint is doable.

The Marton Arms is open Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Helwith was open at the weekend not sure about the during the week - Anyone?
Barbon Inn was open too
Masons in Ingleton - probably need to book
Any others?

Ed

Badlad said:
In the Dales...  Typically the weather is good this time or year so an outside pint is doable.

Barbon Inn was open too
Any others?

The Helwith was open last Thursday afternoon - called in post diving

Old Post Office in Ingleton opens until 9.00 pm on Saturday 7.00 pm on Sunday. Wheatsheaf shuts at 7.00 pm on Saturday for the time being.

bazdog

Ed said:
Badlad said:

Barbon Inn was open too
Any others?

The Helwith was open last Thursday afternoon - called in post diving

Just closed when we arrived there at 10pm on Thursday night so don't leave it too late  :cry: