Another "where was I" question... (P8 area)

Hanging Death

The first time I went to P8, we didn't follow the markers far enough and entered a cave on the left as you approach P8, it was in a small valley and had a small stream sinking just next to the entrance and a bit of scaffold directing the flow of the stream.
Inside, there were a couple of short cascades and then a short pitch (3/4m?) to a chamber with a lot of sandbags and a sumped passage in the floor. Straight on from the pitch head lead somewhere too. On the right somewhere was a low, muddy chamber with lots more sandbags. Only a small cave but  would like to know what it's called, looked like it had seen quite a lot of digging in the past. (It wasn't Gautries and I don't think it was Car Pot either).
So, anybody know where I was?

Rob

Sounds nothing like P7, which has a locked lid on it anyways, so it wern't there.

nickwilliams

From your description you were definitely in P6. It's still actively being dug - we'll be there on Thursday this week.

The lid for P7 is no longer locked AFAIK.

Nick.

B

Big Lewie

I would deffo say it was P6.... i did that as one of my first cave trips... and yup i was looking for P8 Too.... never trust anyone that sais they know the way!!!