Bar Pot - Unpleasantness!!

Marky

Be warned, on a recent trip to Bar Pot, we found that some kind person had evacuated their bowels at the top of the first pitch.

Watch where you place your feet and hands.

T

tubby two

Top of the first pitch- you can see the entrance from there! Surely not a caver though, too little space to mess about getting out of your oversuit, and i like to think cavers have more respect for caves. Sounds like a damn rambler or something!

tt.

susie

tubby two said:
i like to think cavers have more respect for caves. Sounds like a damn rambler or something!

Judging form the mess that we've pulled out of Bar Pot this year, and the proliferation of recent graffiti adorning the walls of the main passages between Gaping Gill and Bar Pot, I wouldn't put anything past "cavers", personally.

dunc

Surely not a caver though, too little space to mess about getting out of your oversuit, and i like to think cavers have more respect for caves. Sounds like a damn rambler or something!
Don't go throwing accusations around at other outdoor users without knowing any evidence of who has done it.
As Susie points out there is plenty of crap, rubbish and graffiti in caves that must have been left by cavers, so no unfortunately not all 'cavers' respect caves..

M

MSD

Well, I always did think that Bar Pot was a crap trip....

Are you sure it was human excrement? Could it possibly have been a dog or other animal that was the guilty party?

Surely a caver "caught short" at Bar Pot would either make a mess of their furry suit (if it was a really urgent affair), or manage to do it somewhere a bit less unpleasant.

Mark

D

darkplaces

I know someone who licked a wall in a mine in nenthead and had tummy issues...

newcastlecaver

fair to say I have never been tempted to lick the walls in nenthead...or anywhere for that matter, what were they hoping to taste?...rotting timber behind, below and above you in some of the passages?

T

tubby two

And a very well prepared caver/ walker/ twitcher too, whats wrong with good old bit of moss!

tt.