A Grand Day Out with Olympus

ZombieCake

On Tuesday (31st July) I went on an Olympus sponsored / organised event on the Bluebell Railway (proper steam trains!).  Hadn't been on one before and I must say it was a very enjoyable afternoon.  They do various things throughout the UK via their Image Space site:  https://www.olympus-imagespace.co.uk (I guess other camera makers probably do similar things but I only know of this one.) There was no hard sell (which I was a bit worried about beforehand) which was nice, and they had kit to borrow to play with and a couple of pro photographers to advise.  The afternoon tea was the best bit though.  Not everyone had Olympus kit which of course doesn't matter.  Nice to chat with like minded idiots and get a few tips and ideas.  It was ?24 including tea and train rides and access to bits not normally open.
Interesting to have it more or less have it said that a lot of cross licensing goes on, e.g. Sony make about 80% of camera sensors and Olympus is good at image stabilisation, and of course Panasonic and Olympus do the M4/3 format so can swap lenses. (As an aside the Leica Sofort is essentially a Fuji Instax Mini 90 inside). I guess other similarities are Samsung making stuff for iPhones.
I've signed up for a landscape one for a tenner.  Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but thought I'd let people know.