chamber of horrors in giants?

ditzy 24//7

i have quiet recently done a trip in giants but we avoided the chamber of horrors can anyone tell me what is in the chamber of horrors?

SamT

The C.O.H. is the name given to the tight and wet passage that connects Giants to Oxlow. It has 3 ducks/sumps and it is body sized for its entire length - i.e. no turning round.

Not done though. Must get round to it.

Rob

The actual "Chamber of Horrors" is lovely. Built along a natural weakness in the rock, there is a pheatic solutional cavity in the roof big enough for someone (5ft6 and below) to stand up in. Pebbled floor, a little draught, nice and quiet. I like it.  (y)

Katie

It is good fun. You move thru very slowly on your back with your helmet off (as it would push your head completely under water) Eventually only your lips are out of the water. Eyes under and everything. Then you pop out in Oxlow caverns.
Then you realise you have not rigged oxlow so do the same in reverse!

It is a good bit of cave for getting the adrenlin going. Don't go if you don't like that kind of thing thou. It is small, awkard and often sumped

How tight is it actually? I have a so-called friend who is egging me on to do this with him...(Take a bow Drainrat) but have some genuine concerns about my size...(I'm not a racing snake) particularly as a number of people have told me some real horror stories about aborted journeys!
As a 15 stone, 44 inch chest Caver, will i physically fit through or can i just tell my tormentor to forget it!

Rob

I'm sorry but i would have thought you would fit fine!

It's not tight as such, the last duck of the 3 as you approach from giant's it the smallest and lowest (and probably the longest unfortunately), and it is actually relatively wide (as in ~70-80cm). As for height, i don't remember it being tight in that dimension either. Like, you have your helmet off, but only so you can get you face closer to the ceiling. At a guess, i'd say you can't turn over in it (not that you'd want to!), but it's certainly high enough for a belly!

drainrat

jasonbirder said:
How tight is it actually? I have a so-called friend who is egging me on to do this with him...(Take a bow Drainrat)

I was quietly hoping that you'd forgotten..................

Brendan

The Giant is probably hiding in Giant's Cave, having felt violated by all the people crawling through his/her windpipe!

Groundhog

Having been through c of h several times (though not recently) I can confirm it is not a chamber at all but a 3 or 4m flat crawl, not tight but smaller than hands and knees. It is full of water which is very cold due to the constant strong draught with little or no airspace. My pals do negotiate it on their backs using noses as snorkels but my prefered option is to put my head down and charge through as fast as possible, creating a huge bow wave in front of me! Much to everyones amusement and probably making the air space bigger for anyone following. So long as they wait for the waves to subside.
After these horrors the endless flat crawl to Oxlow seems like a pussycat but don't take the branch on the right, I think called 5/8ths inlet, which goes for miles then ends in nothing. Good luck.