KMF Films - Thank you UKC!

aricooperdavis

Firstly a big thank you to UKCaving for the Kendal Mountain Festival Film tickets!

Shockingly I didn't actually get to see any caving films, but I've got Ario Dream pre-ordered for when it comes out online :) We went to see two film collections; the first was called 'Journey' and the second was 'Arrive', which combined was 13 films and about 4 hours!

The real highlights for us both I'd say were two paragliding films; 'Weightless' by Jean-Baptiste Chandelier and 'Between Sky and Peaks' by Julien Irilli. Really awesome to watch, and definitely gave me the bug to give it a go one day! Also enjoyed a longer film called DugOut about two blokes who went to live with a guy in the Amazon who taught them and help them to build a dugout canoe, which they then paddled down the river for a few weeks. It was well done and funny, and after the screening the two of them popped up from the back of the cinema and answered some questions which was a nice surprise. There was also a slacklining film called 'Slacker' which I we really enjoyed!

Thanks again UKCaving, and well done to everyone at the KMF, especially the Ario Dream team for their "People?s Choice Award" win! :clap: