MUSC CHECC Grand Prize Entry

LisaCrow

We crawled for 1 hour through Mucky ducks, colostomy and the Trenches. Times were tough, but there was a low amount of getting lost for a trip lead by Darren Jarvis so yeyyy. Though technically we didn't do the trip we planned. We were meant to go from Peak cavern to Cliff cavern, but instead we got to Leviatron. Darren and Sahil (our president) went on through the cow arse worms duck, I was following behind when I heard spine tingling scream of "Oh god I've entered the depths of hell, it can't get any worse!" echoing from in front of me. It was shortly followed by "Oh god, its got worse." These girlish cries came from none other than our own president. After much deliberation from me and another caver, we decided to let them go on and we'd wait for them. You know just in case they didn't return someone could tell their harrowing story. We are now pretty sure they both have worms. Anyway, the cave was great fun, I struggled a bit on the ladders, but Darren finally showed his worth and guided me through. And after an hour crawl back through we bathed each other in the wash pit. There was a train of us washing each others backs, it was a beautiful moment. Finally emerging from the "depths of hell" around 4, still with lots of time for drinking and games. In conclusion, it was a good day of caving. We were only slightly covered in shit and only half of the group got worms. Most impressively, there were only 4 or 5 exclamations of "I hate caving" called out for the duration of the trip.