Tidying up the shop window

Peter Burgess

I have a suggestion, in light of Bubba's wish to sell this website.

It seems to me that in order to maximise the chance that Bubba can get a buyer, and what's more one who will pay a good price, we need to do whatever we can to keep the place looking sensible, mature, clean, friendly and so on. That's down to all of us really, so how about following the forum rules a bit more carefully from now on?

Especially the first three in the list of bannable offences, all of which have often gone unheeded in the past few months. No names!

What is a bannable offence?

I think we all know what is and what isn't acceptable on this forum but for the benefits of new or recent users.

?Trolling and malicious hijacking of topics.
?Personal insults/attacks/threats - we're all adults, keep it civil.
?Hatred: Sexism/Racism/etc - most of us know what is and isn't acceptable and what is and isn't real hatred.

Never mind the "new or recent users" - that should apply to everyone!

Maybe the mods should sweep some more dross out into the dung pile, and the rest of us (including me before some smartass says anything) should stop using the forum as a public slanging place.

bubba

Administrator
Cheers Peter, I appreciate your efforts.

I suspect anyone taking over would have their own idea of moderation anyway and would probably change those rules!

Peter Burgess

I daresay they would, but to sell something at a good price it should be presentable and not all dog-eared at the corners, and that's our responsibility.

j4nny

Peter Burgess said:
I have a suggestion, in light of Bubba's wish to sell this website.

It seems to me that in order to maximise the chance that Bubba can get a buyer, and what's more one who will pay a good price, we need to do whatever we can to keep the place looking sensible, mature, clean, friendly and so on. That's down to all of us really, so how about following the forum rules a bit more carefully from now on?

Especially the first three in the list of bannable offences, all of which have often gone unheeded in the past few months. No names!

What is a bannable offence?

I think we all know what is and what isn't acceptable on this forum but for the benefits of new or recent users.

?Trolling and malicious hijacking of topics.
?Personal insults/attacks/threats - we're all adults, keep it civil.
?Hatred: Sexism/Racism/etc - most of us know what is and isn't acceptable and what is and isn't real hatred.

Never mind the "new or recent users" - that should apply to everyone!

Maybe the mods should sweep some more dross out into the dung pile, and the rest of us (including me before some smartass says anything) should stop using the forum as a public slanging place.

Totally agree, Many Users break these rules.