Author Topic: Wezzit?  (Read 1219136 times)

Offline Alex

• forum hero
  • BRCC, UWFRA.
Re: Wezzit?
« Reply #9750 on: February 21, 2019, 09:57:51 am »
Nope, this is horizontal passage. The cave will do, I don't need the location within.
Anything I say is represents my own opinion and not that of a any club/organisation that I am a member of (unless its good of course)

Offline DCRO

• Derbyshire Cave Rescue Organisation
« Reply #9751 on: February 21, 2019, 09:05:28 pm »
Is this one of the few 'Horizontal' caves that you still need to abseil to get into it?

Sidetrack?
Text "CAVE" to 70490 to donate £5 or Cave + amount between 1 and 20, eg. "CAVE 2" for £2. (costs one standard message)

Offline Alex

• forum hero
  • BRCC, UWFRA.
« Reply #9752 on: February 22, 2019, 10:17:54 am »
Yep, you are correct, though we did not absail to get into it. We walked down a steep slope then along the ledge, though one bit of the ledge was rather dodgy. None of the guide books said you needed to absail and no rigging topo was provided so we assumed this slope and traverse was the way to get there. It would be handy if the guide books actually mentioned any of this.
Anything I say is represents my own opinion and not that of a any club/organisation that I am a member of (unless its good of course)

Offline Antwan

• junky
  • YSS
    • 3peaksuk.org
« Reply #9753 on: February 25, 2019, 06:49:51 pm »
As the DCRO PR officer posted from the wrong account...

Here is a wezzit to continue the thread

Offline Allan

• player
« Reply #9754 on: February 25, 2019, 07:02:53 pm »
Barons Chamber in Smallcleugh

Offline Antwan

• junky
  • YSS
    • 3peaksuk.org
« Reply #9755 on: February 25, 2019, 07:03:32 pm »
That was quick  :clap2:

Offline Simon Beck

• forum star
    • Legends Session
« Reply #9756 on: June 20, 2019, 06:04:45 pm »
Sorry to barge in. Came across this one while sifting through the collection. A rarity no doubt. Although the plan had been to capture this feature at the time, I'd forgotten I actually had.

Offline Inferus

• Pointless
  • stalker
  • Useless
    • www.deleteme.co.uk
« Reply #9757 on: June 20, 2019, 09:50:47 pm »
I doubt anyone would consider it barging in after a few months of inactivity, more re-igniting a flame, perhaps...

Given that it's a rarity and a feature and knowing the types of cave you tend to visit I'll take a random stab at some remote location: Fearnought Choke in Langcliffe. :shrug:
Awkward, grumpy sod.

Offline Simon Beck

• forum star
    • Legends Session
« Reply #9758 on: June 20, 2019, 11:22:25 pm »
Almost got it, but close enough to reveal. It's actually the downstream end of the Nemesis Boulder Choke, looking upstream from the Sacred Way. Prior to finding this photo, and even with having passed this way at least five times, I wouldn't have remembered what it looked like from memory. You are usually too wasted to give a shit probably. Anyway having never seen a picture of it before, and little realising I had until now, thought it was worth sharing. Picture was taken July 2016.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 11:35:17 pm by Simon Beck »

Offline Alex

• forum hero
  • BRCC, UWFRA.
« Reply #9759 on: June 21, 2019, 10:37:33 am »
Glad you took this as my picture was a blurry mess. I think I took mine facing the other direction when we all gathered after the choke, but it don't show much of the cave so glad you took something.

Offline Simon Beck

• forum star
    • Legends Session
« Reply #9760 on: June 21, 2019, 11:03:08 am »
Glad you took this as my picture was a blurry mess. I think I took mine facing the other direction when we all gathered after the choke, but it don't show much of the cave so glad you took something.

Yes I remember the picture you took, I was seated on one of the lower blocks in the picture above. I took the above during the trip with Ian, a few months prior.