A proposal for adventurous cavers...

maxlevens

Hi - i have a proposal for anyone out there who might be up for it.  Myself and a couple of friends (keen climbers) have been getting quite keen on the idea of some caving, but we have pretty limited experience. 

We've had some very good times taking friends out to climb.  What has been great is that with certain people, we've been able to take them out and get on some pretty exciting stuff (in terms of route length and exposure etc).  As I imagine is the case with caving: if you know what you're doing and keep careful (and the person you're with is up for good time) - getting on a big multi-pitch route with great exposure can be entirely safe.  Its been great to take friends out and give them a really extreme experience, getting them out of their comfort zone a bit... (granted on routes picked to be doable/suitable...)

Talking about caving, we've decided this is kind of what we want  :)  We've been down a few small holes (layby pot + carl's walk in Stoney Dale) and are happy with SRT- but would be great to get taken out and shown whats its actually all about on a proper trip.

so the proposal: if anyone wants to swap a full on climbing experience, for the caving equivalent, we're game.  Might have to wait a bit for routes to come in nick (unless you're interested in winter climbing...), but big multi-pitch mountain routes (always with a rope above you) are on offer.

anyone keen? if so get in touch and we can sort something out.  Were based in Preston but happy to put in the driving time for some good crack.

Cheers,
Max
maxlevens "AT" geeee male dot company

Alex

Also your far closer to the Dales than Derbyshire. There is plenty more to choose from in the Dale's too and the caves tend to be (but not always!) alot cleaner.