Author Topic: Help wanted with ideas for websites to link New to Caving to + Banners  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
www.newtocaving.com has been designed to inspire and encourage new people to try our fabulous sport.  Over the next weeks and months, Tim and I will be contacting relevant websites, asking them to link to New to Caving.

Would you please help? 

If you run a website where a link to NTC would be useful to visitors to your site, please do put a link on - there are a couple of banners below.

We could also do with ideas of websites to link to - there will be lots we just haven't thought of, if you know of any please do let us know.

Thank you, Pegasus & Badlad  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:54:39 pm by Pegasus »

Offline aricooperdavis

• menacing presence
  • Exeter | The Lakes
Thanks for your hard work on this!

I've stuck a link on Exeter's homepage (www.exetercaving.co.uk) and will stick a banner on after Fresher's Week, as we're soon going to add a big "Sign Up" banner and don't want it to be too confusing  :)

Offline Juan

• player
  • Matienzo Caves Project
    • Matienzo Caves Project
Linked to from within the Matienzo web site.

Offline The Old Ruminator

• forum hero
The link said " Bandwith Limit Exceeded " today.

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
Thanks, Ari  :thumbsup:  Thanks, Juan  :thumbsup:

New to caving back up and running - it had been too busy for it's own good  ;D

Thanks also to the one other person who contacted me directly with an idea of a website to link to, much appreciated... :thumbsup:

Anyone else any ideas??

Offline Wardy

• regular
I thinks it's brilliant and hope it has been visited more than the summit of Everest already!

Oh no caught the statistics bug from that article.

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
Link put on for us for free - how very kind and spreading the word to visitors to The Dales  ;D

http://visittheyorkshiredales.co.uk/outdoor-activities.php

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
Thank you to Gary for designing and adding a great banner for New to Caving onto the excellent CNCC website:

https://cncc.org.uk//

New to Caving is now appearing in internet searches (and what a dark, mysterious world that is I'm learning about).  Clubs and organisations putting links to NTC on their sites really helps with this and helps spread the word - to inspire and encourage new people to caving.  Thank you to those that have placed links already  :thumbsup:

You are welcome to use this banner (thanks Gary  :thumbsup:).

Offline AR

• Black shadow
  • junky
  • PDMHS, ATAC, ANHMS
Have a word with Simon Lowe (Aditnow); he'd probably be willing to put a link up in return for a backlink to AN in relation to mine exploration.
Dirty old mines need love too....

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
Have a word with Simon Lowe (Aditnow); he'd probably be willing to put a link up in return for a backlink to AN in relation to mine exploration.

Great suggestion, thank you.  We will be updating the contacts page soon (ish) and adding a list of links to other relevant websites - once we are ready to do this, I will contact Simon.

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
Thank you to the DCA for adding a banner and link to New to Caving on their website - prominently on the Home Page too so easy for potential new cavers to find  ;D

http://www.thedca.org.uk/

Thanks also to the many caving clubs who have added links, especially those who have added banners, placed the links prominently and generally helped spread the word  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've looked at a lot of caving websites recently and have noticed a number also have a link through to the forum - thank you  :thumbsup:  If any webmasters out there would like to link through to the forum, we'd be grateful.

Offline mudman

• stalker
It's a really good initiative, banner now on the Brynmawr website.

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
It's a really good initiative, banner now on the Brynmawr website.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
Thank you, CHECC  :hug:  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://checc.org/useful-links/

Online Mr Mike

• player
    • The Mine Explorer Society
Aditnow already has a link exchange system, see:

https://www.aditnow.co.uk/Pages/Mine-Exploration-Links_8/

(top right hand side) and fill it in....

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
Thanks Mr Mike, as soon as we are in a position to include a back link to Aditnow I'll fill in the form  :)