• The 6th and final winning ticket number is 558

    Check your ticket - if you won, claim your prize!

    The sixth prize to be drawn is the Mountain Equipment Lhotse Goretex Jacket

    Click here to claim

  • Welcome to our new forum members!

    Stay with us after the competition is over.

    Don't drift away to only using the billionaire techbro platforms. UKC is so much more than winning a prize! 20+ years of combined caver knowledge. UKC - the cavers' online community.

    Click here for more

Olympus TG-4 or Lumix FT-30

SamT

Moderator
Simply question really.  Heard good and bad about both.  I'm not really a skilled photographer, and dont really know an fstop from a cmos (its all chinese to me so dont bother trying too hard to explain).

Probably going to be using it mostly above ground for family stuff, beach, snorkling etc, in the mountains for climbing/snowboarding antics, and occasional use underground, (but only for evidence/histroric logging, I dont really take photos for fun underground!)

Lumix is about half the price.
TG-4 has the Live composite mode (which might suit as I dont do flashes).

Any thoughts ??



 
Or a coolpix W300 (bit spenny I think).

Rob - was yours a W300 that you used in CoH that time?
 
I've had both Panny and Olympus tough cameras over the years and generally Olympus seem better. BTW live compo does need everything in shot to to be still (except perhaps water).
 
Back
Top