• The 6th and final winning ticket number is 558

    Check your ticket - if you won, claim your prize!

    The sixth prize to be drawn is the Mountain Equipment Lhotse Goretex Jacket

    Click here to claim

  • Welcome to our new forum members!

    Stay with us after the competition is over.

    Don't drift away to only using the billionaire techbro platforms. UKC is so much more than winning a prize! 20+ years of combined caver knowledge. UKC - the cavers' online community.

    Click here for more

Dunsley Spring Level

Madness

New member
Anyone on here been down the winze at the end of Dunsley Spring Level?

There's a couple of old bolts there, but it looks a bit unstable. Anybody know what's down there?
 
I've been down there, though I think we took a scaff bar in to drop off. The winze is about 10m deep, and at its base the level continues onwards for about 80m where it meets  Great Rake, which is about 1m wide and virtually barren of ore. Beyond this, the level continues for about another 20m to backfill, while a short crosscut leads to a parallel drivage for about 10m. There are also carved numbers on the wall like those in the upper level.
 
I too would like to see down there as I'm familiar with the upper bit. I wonder if it would be a suitable place to try out my new found SRT skills  :-\
 
It's an easy enough pitch apart from you have to be careful of the packwall on the outbye side which is a bit shonky.
 
Back
Top