Dolwyddelan slate mine

NewStuff

There's a few in that locality (Assuming A470 between Betws and Blaenau), you need to be more specific. It's unlikely anyone will tell you access on an open forum, but you may be able to tag onto someones trip sometime, if there is legit access.

I think it?s the Llewelyn mine not 100%. I?d tag on a trip. I?m a member of the ucet club. I understand the need not to broad cast openly.

Pete K

The name's correct AFAIK. It's right behind the house, so discretion needed. No official access. Also, it's a fairly disappointing pit full of brambles and decades of sharp and rusty household and industrial waste, make sure you've had your shots!

Thanks Pete. Do you think you could drop me a pin for location at all? And is it worth a visit there how extensive is it ? Thanks. 

sinker

Pete K said:
The name's correct AFAIK. It's right behind the house, so discretion needed. No official access. Also, it's a fairly disappointing pit full of brambles and decades of sharp and rusty household and industrial waste, make sure you've had your shots!

Agreed; not much to see but some interesting older bits of industrial crap. if you know what I mean. The sort of stuff that is basically rubbish but looks good in B&W photos  ;)

A local contractor goes up there every now and then and 'borrows' some of the waste of the tip. you'll see an excavator there now and again.
He has no more right to be there than you AFAIK so don't worry.

RobinGriffiths

Lewis Slate Gazeteer says of Remains:
Disappointingly little, the site having been used for bulk fill, cleared and afforested. The pit is flooded and adits are inacessible. Some traces of inclines. A garage is on the site of the original mill. Quarry cottages are still occupied. There is a reservoir behind the site.

Rhiwgoch and Tyn y Fallen, a kilometer to the north-east sounds like they might be more interesting visits.