Three Counties System

dunc

Not yet, unless some connection has recently been made?

Chances of this being possible, probably be Rift (in Yorkshire) and Ireby (in Lancashire), they are the two closest.

Cumbria to Lancashire is doable.

Alex

Would not doing one of the trips in Ease gill do this?

Ahh I just noticed the post saying three Countys system. Is lancaster hole not in Lancashire then?

Pie Muncher

Cave Mapper said:
Is it possible to go into a cave in Yorkshire and come out in Lancashire?
Although, some might say going in from Lancashire and out in Yorkshire to be a little harder than the other way ;)

gus horsley

One day you'll be able to go down Meregill and come out of Aygill.  Whether you could do it all in one go is debatable but it would be some epic trip.

Pitlamp

One day you will be able to go into an entrance in Littondale and come out in Barbondale!

Remember the "Trans Craven System"? Dave Brook wrote a very interesting article on this in Descent a long time ago; many laughed at the time but bit by bit over the years it's slowly turned from mad hypothesis to real possibility. We cavers live in interesting times . . . . .

stevejw

Pie Muncher said:
Cave Mapper said:
Is it possible to go into a cave in Yorkshire and come out in Lancashire?
Although, some might say going in from Lancashire and out in Yorkshire to be a little harder than the other way ;)

Now then Sir be careful now. Imported (proper) pies can be restricted with one quick phone call!

gus horsley

Pitlamp said:
One day you will be able to go into an entrance in Littondale and come out in Barbondale!

Remember the "Trans Craven System"? Dave Brook wrote a very interesting article on this in Descent a long time ago; many laughed at the time but bit by bit over the years it's slowly turned from mad hypothesis to real possibility. We cavers live in interesting times . . . . .

I remember this - there were a few blanks but we shall see (not in my lifetime I suspect).  I was going for the abbreviated, more proveable version ion my post.

dunc

Alex said:
Would not doing one of the trips in Ease gill do this?

Ahh I just noticed the post saying three Countys system. Is lancaster hole not in Lancashire then?
Quick geography lesson: Lancaster and the rest of Casterton Fell is in Cumbria. Ease Gill forms the boundary with Lancashire and this stretches over Leck Fell to the last wall you cross enroute to Ireby. Over the wall and you're then in Yorkshire..

Rachel

Do you think either

a) Someone could tell the clueless majority what's going on

or

b) The 'in crowd' could retreat to their own sub-forum

Sorry to sound like an old grump, but I find it really irritating when one thread after another descends into 'in-speak'. If people want to exclude others from a discussion, then why have that discussion on a public forum?