Author Topic: Oxlow - Eastern Chamber  (Read 385 times)

Offline E McK

• Meh
  • regular
Oxlow - Eastern Chamber
« on: June 06, 2021, 06:56:24 pm »
Does anyone know what's down the hole with the ladder in? Wasn't feeling brave enough to climb down without a rope!

And also bottom of the 2nd pitch there's a rope going up, again, not feeling brave enough to just run up it, how old is the rope and bolts?

Feel free to call me a scaredey cat  :lol:
Where there's a will there's a way :)

Online alastairgott

• forum hero
Re: Oxlow - Eastern Chamber
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 07:04:33 pm »
No idea how old the rope at the bottom of the second pitch is, but I can say it’s as stiff as a board! So probably been in there a few years or had a few years of use before finding itself on the hangers.

Offline E McK

• Meh
  • regular
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 07:15:36 pm »
No idea how old the rope at the bottom of the second pitch is, but I can say it’s as stiff as a board! So probably been in there a few years or had a few years of use before finding itself on the hangers.

Ye..... It did seem rather solid last week. Didn't realise you could walk into a rope and feel it!

Offline steviet_scg

• stalker
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 09:20:06 pm »
Does anyone know what's down the hole with the ladder in? Wasn't feeling brave enough to climb down without a rope!

And also bottom of the 2nd pitch there's a rope going up, again, not feeling brave enough to just run up it, how old is the rope and bolts?

There's a small chamber back underneath the approach to the hole with the ladder.

There was a dig at the bottom that descended probably 5m or so - but it's rather loose in places and a good deal of big rocks are seemingly held up by a combination of an Acrow and force of habit. The now accepted view (see trip report in the link) is that this dig is a pointless affair and if pursued would drop into Suicide Chamber.

http://butteredbadger.com/index.php/en/trip-reports/160-suicide-chamber-aptly-named

Offline E McK

• Meh
  • regular
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 10:35:30 pm »

There's a small chamber back underneath the approach to the hole with the ladder.

There was a dig at the bottom that descended probably 5m or so - but it's rather loose in places and a good deal of big rocks are seemingly held up by a combination of an Acrow and force of habit. The now accepted view (see trip report in the link) is that this dig is a pointless affair and if pursued would drop into Suicide Chamber.

http://butteredbadger.com/index.php/en/trip-reports/160-suicide-chamber-aptly-named

Great knowledge. Thanks!

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal