The Hunter's Damaged in Serious Crash

Jopo

mrodoc said:
Don't panic. I was there on Friday night and all was normal.

Would that be the normality that leaves one oblivious to all that is happening Pete?

Jopo

cavemanmike

Oh that's ok then. It would be unthinkable to think the hunters might have to undergo some kind of improvement work due to a crash  (y)

The Hunters' Lodge Inn WAS damaged and 2 props are in use to help support the bit of roof outside the entry to the Gents. Everything is as normal inside.

mrodoc

Sorry John.  It was dark and snowy and I don't think I visited the gents. Anyway no effect on the drinking and it wasn't even a point of discussion in the bar the same evening. Must be the blitz spirit kicking in.

mikekushy

Would rumble strips leading up to the junction not be a good idea? I guess Roger wouldn't approve, but if it saves people  getting involved in nasty accidents then....

I do hate that junction. 

Driving south from Burrington the road looks like it is just long & straight.  If the sign wasn't there you wouldn't know there was a road to cross until you are on-top if it.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.2499145,-2.6470748,3a,75y,180h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sMVBpN2p4I8H35wFP5s10oA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

or from the Green Ore - Wells Road

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.2485463,-2.6451003,3a,75y,270h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sHNDlJ7mi5FEa5YMtFddiJQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

(looks worse when you are on the left side of the road)

mikem

The Miners' Arms crossroads, on the other side of Stock Hill, are a regular accident black spot - it's the only junction I know where the stop signs are before the junction, rather than at it. As the road to Green Ore is shut from there, the diversion takes you past the Hunters' onto the Priddy to Hillgrove road, transferring the problem, although with fewer cars going straight across in either direction.

Mike

ZombieCake

Was there any damage to the cocktail bar with its fine Venetian glass, well, glasses and the exquisite olive and lemon slice dispensers and the pretentious foreign film video jukebox?  ;)