East Canal - Giants Hole

T

Titch98

Just after a bit of information to overload the old grey matter with......!

How far does the East Canal in Giants System travel in both directions (left and right from end of Streamway)? Has anyone ever taken an inflatable dinghy down and followed the Canal down/up stream (one of the daft things I will be doing during another planned trip......)? Are there any strong currents one should be aware of?

Had a trip down to Giants and East Canal yesterday and all the times I have gone down there, I realised that I do not really know anything about the Canal (except that it is cold, wet and deep............!). I have never swam out into the Canal, so only really seen it from the end of the Streamway.

Any info appreciated!

:D

mudmonkey

Dunno exactly how far it is. You can swim/haul yourself around the walls from the end of the streamway to the foot of the Filthy Five, which is about 5m round the corner to the right, only a few out-of-depth moves (if you're reasonably tall...). Shining a light along the passage in the other direction, you can see it closing down, probably about 20m away? Going left at the end of the streamway seems to involve real swimming - the times I've been there I've been in a furry suit and didn't fancy a proper swim!

seamoose

Titch98 said:
How far does the East Canal in Giants System travel in both directions (left and right from end of Streamway)? Has anyone ever taken an inflatable dinghy down and followed the Canal down/up stream
:D

It doesn't go far at all - I wouldn't think it worth taking a dinghy!

Mrs Trellis

:wink:

My impression is that it's another vein cavity , invaded by the vadose system and drowned, but like Main Rising on a smaller scale.