Waterways swallet digs

benshannon

Another awesome trip down waterways the other day.
I had plenty of time for exploring. At the foot of the fixed ladder is a crawl called huge crawl. It seems to go a fair way and then the progress has halted, however, the hole at the end showed water flowing off somewhere and it looks like it could be dug out some more. Why did the progress stop? Has it got no prospects because it seemed like it had

amozzer

Hi thinking of a trip in a couple of weeks,What's the car park surface like and is there still a handline into toad haul and room 101
Regards Andy

benshannon

Hey mate. Definitely don't go all the way into the car park.
I stayed on the hard pack bit straight after the gate. Yes I know it blocs others but you only sink your vehicle and get rescued by the farmer the once to learn not to do it again.

Handline into road haul and room 101. If you do the climb on the opposite side of road haul, be aware the karabiners are corroded pretty bad.

There are loads of shrimp in the bottom sump and loads of worms on the mud patch 😁

amozzer

Thanks for the update. Took nearly 4hours get car out last Jan. car was sunk upto the sump couldn't get a good angle to tow it out had visions of it never coming out 

benshannon

That should have read Toad not road. Bloody autocorrect.

Ah man, yeah I know that pain 😭

Have a great trip. I love that cave