cave holiday ideas please

Stu

so what i'm after is the caving equivalent of the "cheap flight to malaga - sport climb on the cheap" type holiday. ive never caved abroad. i have about six days to spare and want to try and keep it less than £200 travel and accommodation.

any ideas? at all!!

bubba

Administrator
Hmmm....never thought of that but I reckon it'd be either somewhere where you can get a cheap Ryanair style flight - Majorca must have caves as there's shed loads of limestone...or somewhere like Poland/Bulgaria? where the cost of living is still very cheap.

Stu

i shall start my investigations....

the thought came to me after booking flights to el chorro for february. there must be something there also!

underground

Stu, have you thought about Slovenia? My mates went there earlier in the year and spent a few days, caved every day and there's loads of holes about- it was cheap for sure, I'll ask the fellas to get some details if I can....

G

GSR

guess this is probably a bit late - i had a good week's caving in the vercors in france last summer. cheap flight to geneva then rent a car or, if you can bear it, you could drive all the way. there are cheap campsites, hostels etc abounding. only problem is that france is a bit mainstream and few of the caves are in the pristine state you might hope for