Caving Illnesses

Ed

Lymes is becoming a big issue in the Dales, especially for anyone that spends time on the moors or in wooded areas

paul

The only time I have knowingly been bitten by a tick was once behind a rubber watch strap and a second time on the belly. Both times were on Dartmoor or Exmoor and I had been sitting on grass and wearing boot and gaters. Little b*stards...

Winnat's Caver

We accidentally camped on what must have been a tick nest in a forest in Dartmoor. I would reach into the grass to take a tent peg out and be met with 6 ticks on my hand. They kept coming almost as quickly as we could get them off. Mental!

Pitlamp

(Touching wood) I've never been bitten by a tick.
This is because I invested in a tick removal tool as a precaution, so obviously I've never needed it.

Bit like how it never rains for ages when you've bought a fancy new waterproof jacket.

Duncan Price

Readers of "Underwater Potholer" will be aware that I was bitten by tick on an intimate part of my anatomy. I have photos (which I won't share) to prove it (though I did share them with a medical friend of mine and they are used in his lecture course on GU medicine).

Our cats often acquire ticks and we have tick removal tools - they bring them into the house in their fur and I found one crawling across the bed sheets at the weekend.

Ali M

Husband and dog seem to acquire ticks in equal numbers in our household and the tick season seems longer every year. 😖