SpanSet Ltd, established in the UK for over 50 years is part of the SpanSet International Group of companies, recognised globally for quality and reliability. We design, manufacture and supply Height Safety, Lifting and Load Control products at our custom-built plant. We also train people how to use our products, safely.
SpanSet are at the forefront of providing Work at Height Training courses. Our professional and knowledgeable Instructors have extensive industry experience in a wide range of sectors: From Telecoms to Roped Access, the Armed Forces to Construction.
Our Training Facility based in Middlewich, Cheshire offers exceptional Training Structures and facilities together with state-of-the-art classrooms and smartboard technology.
Due to the continued expansion of our busy Training Department, we have an opportunity available for an IRATA Rope Access / Work at Height & Rescue Instructor to join our Training Team on a full-time basis.
If you have a wide range of experience in Rope Access/Work at Height & Rescue/Training and are looking to work with one of the UK’s leading Training Providers, then this is the opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate would be adaptable, with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. Strong planning and organisational skills are also important.
- To deliver IRATA/Rope Access courses in accordance with the TACS (Training, Assessment & Certification Scheme)
- Deliver SpanSet Work at Height & Rescue modular courses in accordance with BS8454:2006 (Code of Practice for the delivery of Training & Education for Work at Height & Rescue)
- Assist on SpanSet Technical Days
- Provide technical advice & guidance to SpanSet customers
- Ancillary tasks to support company needs outside of training (Reviewing course material, Fixed Systems & Fall Protection Equipment Inspections, maintenance of training structures)
- Supporting Training/Product sales team
Experience and skills required:
- Rope Access, Work at Height & Rescue training experience
- Minimum IRATA Level 3 Certification working towards Level 3 Instructor
- Strong Written & Verbal Communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & other related programmes
- In-date First Aid Certificate
In addition, it would be beneficial to have:
- HABC Level 3 Award in Education & Training (PTLLS)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- CITB SMSTS or IOSH Managing Safely (Site Management Safety Training Scheme)
- NEBOSH (General Certificate)
- Basic salary starting from £35K
- Group Personal Pension
- Life insurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising with service)
- Fully Expensed Company Vehicle
- Wellness Schemes
- Ongoing training opportunities
Written applications with full CV to Jo Powell, HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org