dry spell...

JonP

although it has rained slightly this morning it has been rather dry recently in the peak district. We had a trip down Lathkill head top entrance yesterday and downstream from Lathkiller Hall the choke was pushed down to a crawl in solid rock shortly sumping beyond. Upstream was completely bone dry with no sound of running water at all!

Also had a look in Lower Cales dale and a sump was reached beyond the choke in figure of 8 chamber crawling down dip through a pool reaching the sump after around 12m.

Sump 1 was open in Bagshawe last weekend.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything?

Hopefully were going to have the really good summer weve been waiting for.

JonP

Pool chamber sump still completely down had a nice jaunt upto Namread & the great aven and up Englands green and pleasant land. (y)

SamT

guessing namraed was still well up, could you see the dive line (you probably could, I dont think it gets submerged).

JonP

climbed within about 4m of the top where it dome's out and gets muddy. so to answer your question. dno :confused: Will be up for a look see next week though if anyone wants to join.

andychapm

Will be up for a look see next week though if anyone wants to join.
Sounds good!!
The car is now working properly after Jams drained quite a lot of oil out, so I can drive there :LOL: Nice one Jams!! :)

JonP

We had a trip in Merlins to sump 5 this evening! Sump 1 & 2 were completely bone dry. Yet water still flowing from Shag's to the Bedpan. (Badpan being open for some way)! Resurgance to Carlswark blowing like a hooker if you fancy an alternate entrance...

martinb

Had a trip to Yoga Hole/Cave on Thursday evening - Corpse Crawl still had 6 inches of freezing cold water...... :yucky:

Big Jim

Dan, get yerself down that shaft I told you about - the one where water pisses in half way down. I want to go but am out of action for a while - got to get arm sorted for Credit Crunch.
J

Rob

Dry spell seems to be continuing. Anyone notice any more stuff opening up yet?

Sump in Speedwell just upstream of Egnaro's Aven was open at the weekend, not been through there before...

Scud

Puttrell's Pool is actually downstream of Egnaro Aven.

The sump that Rob is referring to is, is normally open throughout the summer months depending on water levels as a duck.  Most cavers go via the short bypass, missing this section of the cave.  There are several miners stoops in this area, one of them possibly being the blocked route to the Cuckoo Clock Ski Slope at the bottom of the Nameless Pitch Series, in the White River Series.

Doh! You're right of course.

Not sure I've ever been along that bit myself.

The stone stemple floor / walkway at the bottom of Egnaro must be associated with the workings in the vicinity there.

D.