Author Topic: 21st May - A celebration of 50 years of the Giants - Oxlow connection  (Read 7439 times)

Online Rob

• forum hero
  • The Eldon
    • My Photos
Jane, thanks for the offer. I'll bare UKC in mind if we do future fundraising.  :thumbsup:

Just a small note, my "anyone else" call was to gauge numbers of people coming, not searching for further sponsorship. Phil's book is a great addition and i'm sure will drive a few more raffle sales this evening...
The end is where we start....

Online Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero

Just a small note, my "anyone else" call was to gauge numbers of people coming, not searching for further sponsorship.

Phew, didn't want you to think we'd ignored you  :)

Offline AR

• Black shadow
  • forum hero
  • PDMHS, ATAC, ANHMS
Given the subject of this thread, I'll give you one guess! :tease:

Pete K has given you an answer, different charges for different holes, no need for the emoticon --- :)

Apologies Bograt, I'm pleading your usual excuse of posting after consumption of alcohol! :beer2:

Just got home from a fairly quick run through from Maskhill to Oxlow,  many thanks to the riggers (TSG & EPC, I presume?). Got out of Oxlow to a fine Peak District day, my kit was almost washed off by the time I got back to my car....
Dirty old mines need love too....

Offline ANN

Excellent Giants / Oxlow 50th Anniversary event today. Good caving, excellent presentations, yummy cake, lots of friends and a raffle. If you didn't go you missed a treat!

Offline chunky

• forum star
  • The Dudley, SWCC
Thanks all, enjoyed the presentations.....cake is always good! ;)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Online paul

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Orpheus CC, NPC
    • Orpheus Caving Club
It was indeed an excellent event, well done to the organisers.
I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are missing!

Offline Katie

• forum star
Thanks to everyone who came today!
Over 50 cavers attended the talks. A total of £243 was raised for Derbyshire cave rescue!

Thanks for the raffle prizes Hitch n Hike, Adventure Quip, Varta (via DCRO), Mark W, Phil W and Ann S
Thanks for the cakes Clare Harley, John Gunn and me ;-)
And thanks to everyone who helped rig, set-up, tidy up and all those who attended.

It is lovely to see such a busy, healthy caving scene in the Peak.

Offline Katie

• forum star
Ops, also thanks to High Peak Geotechnical for a raffle prize
(that is why you shouldn't do these posts after getting in from the pub.......)

Offline alastairgott

• forum hero
  • It's Therion Month.
A Lovely weekend, thanks to all that have rigged and offered to derig (via possibly pleasant or "traditional" routes, I hope those who are going out on Tuesday manage their plans of the 'Harder' derigging option :)

but all the same, a good celebration of the connection, and Clive was able to relive the connection.

https://www.facebook.com/tsgcaving/photos/a.795097513898254.1073741828.744548798953126/1072699509471385/?type=3&theater&notif_t=like&notif_id=1463919565118980

Roll on the Celebration of OFD2 (TOP Entrance) 18 [approx] months from now (50 years) and in 30 months the 70th of Peak cavern beyond the Showcave.

Scraps and Maps, Scraps and Maps, Squawk, pretty polly...

Offline caving_fox

• forum star
Couldn't make the talks, but had a fun trip Oxlow-Maskill (and Pilgrims-Northpitch (we looked at the start of the connection, but though it better for 'another day')) on Sunday with the RDCC. Thanks for rigging this, made it a great deal quicker and easier!
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.