Gaping Gill Engagement Photos

Duncan S

Last night I proposed to Suvi Miri Pihlaja
These awesome engagement photos were taken by Mark Burkey on The Ledge in Dihedral on our way into Gaping Gill.
He's caught the ring, Miri's smile, me looking chivalrous, and a person being winched out of the main shaft.
What can I say! I owe Mark big time for this!

We exited via Stream, my first time on this route - wow!
Arrived back at the entrance to Gaping Gill very late and were met by members of Craven Pothole Club who were starting to worry about us. A huge thank you the to whole club for making this trip possible and for making us so welcome back at the Winch Meet camp.

My engagement to Suvi Miri Pihlaja taken by Mark Burkey on the Ledge in Dihedral at Gaping Gill
i-bJxT3kq-L.jpg

Suvi Miri Pihlaja and I descending into Gaping Gill main chamber from Dihedral. Another awesome photo by Mark Burkey
i-JpB9bhV-L.jpg

Duncan S

The Old Ruminator said:
Ahh but where will the wedding be ? :D :beer: :clap:
Well... Mendip would be convenient and Finland might be preferred by Miri's family.
But it seems that Yorkshire now has a claim since we had the audacity to get engaged in their most famous cave.

bograt

Congrats Duncan & Miri, if you make it quick, you could solve your insurance problem------ :LOL: :LOL:

chunky

Congratulations both! Looking forward to the celebrations the rest of the week! :)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Duncan S

bograt said:
Hmm, Duncan, just noticed you never mentioned if Miri said "yes"......????
Miri said 'yes'  8)

Finnish custom is that both partners get an engagement ring, we chose our rings together.
So she knew ahead of the moment :)

Ian P

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations.  :clap:
Glad you enjoyed the Craven Pothole Club hospitality. You are welcome back at any of our future winch meets.
Ian

chunky

Ian P said:
Congratulations.  :clap:
Glad you enjoyed the Craven Pothole Club hospitality. You are welcome back at any of our future winch meets.
Ian
Thanks for the beer and rigging Ian that's the way to exit GG ! ;)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk