Author Topic: A video thread on UK Caving?  (Read 7327 times)

Offline ObviousSpectre

• player
Re: A video thread on UK Caving?
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2019, 11:02:21 pm »

Offline ObviousSpectre

• player
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2019, 11:09:24 pm »
This has been my first video that has actually turned out well. Previous ones were poorly framed and poorly lit. Thankfully a new camera method fixed the former and a customduo insert along with the nice openess of Eldon hole helped with the latter. I apologise about my weird ramblings that you hear but I think the ambient noise is important to the video and blasting music over it takes away from the effect.

Offline ttxela2

• regular
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2019, 08:49:16 am »
This was just a gentle amble to pass a wet day while Nikki did some studying in the van. Nice enjoyable wander though.

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2019, 05:35:34 pm »
There is a new cave videographer on the scene. This is the first in a series of documentary films which will be uploaded every week for the next 5-6 weeks.

PS The Hidden Earth Video Archive (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKRIbxKeJFwalehHu5cX5QA?sub_confirmation=1) now has 40 subscribers. Only 60 more required to apply for a custom URL.

Offline ttxela2

• regular
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2019, 08:52:21 am »
I had a great time at the 2019 NAMHO conference, organised this year by the Cambrian Mines Trust. It's always a great weekend and this year was no exception. Many thanks to all involved in the organisation and running of the event.

Here are some of the highlights of my itinerary.

Offline Subpopulus Hibernia

• addict
  • Shannon Group
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2019, 09:02:52 pm »
Please enjoy this surreal film of the Marble Arch Caves made by BBC Northern Ireland in 1985, featuring Tim Fogg, a busload of schoolchildren, The Pied Piper of Hamelin, and also the young Neil Hannon, later leader of the band The Divine Comedy.

Particular highlights include bad poetry, endless bars of meandering flute playing, and far too many choral performances.

Born Salzburg 1691. B.Phil. University of 's-Hertogenbosch 1718. Personal assistant to King Frederick of Liechtenstein, 1803-1857. Speaker of 35th Upper Silesian Parliament (fl. 1904-5). Owner/operator, Bridgend Underwear Factory, 1973-present.

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2019, 10:45:42 pm »
I had another great day out at Wookey Hole Caves last week at the invitation of Chris and Becca, and we made another video of the Wild Wookey Adventure Caving route. Great fun!

Offline rhychydwr1

• forum hero
  • The Mayor of Cwm Parc
    • http://www.showcaves.com
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2019, 10:25:46 am »
Nice touch, Imperial measurements.  Not sure that I approve of solo caving  ;D

Online Fulk

• forum hero
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2019, 06:58:47 pm »
A bit belated, ttexla2 – but I enjoyed watching your NAMHO video (we went on pretty much the same trips, but at different times).

What do you make of your new light (the latest (?) Fenix)?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:27:24 pm by Fulk »

Offline Caver Keith

• Caver Keith
  • obsessive maniac
  • The Dudley, SWCC
    • Dudley Caving Club
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2019, 07:42:16 pm »
Northern Lights in Ogof Ffynnon Ddu. IMHO this is one of the Country's finest caving trips.

Offline ttxela2

• regular
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2019, 08:42:56 am »
A bit belated, ttexla2 – but I enjoyed watching your NAMHO video (we went on pretty much the same trips, but at different times).

What do you make of your new light (the latest (?) Fenix)?

Excellent, thanks. Would you believe I've not actually used the new light yet, although it may get an outing this weekend  ;D