Author Topic: Excellent article on Thai rescue  (Read 1030 times)

Offline David Rose

• forum star
Excellent article on Thai rescue
« on: July 17, 2018, 05:01:10 pm »

Offline Badlad

• Administrator
  • forum hero
Re: Excellent article on Thai rescue
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 06:10:16 pm »
Once you get past the sensational title lead it's not bad.   ;)

Offline Simon Wilson

• forum hero
    • IC Resin Anchor
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 11:42:27 pm »
I've read quite a few articles about the rescue and that is easily the best so far.

Offline yrammy

• stalker
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 09:06:11 am »
I have read dozens and agree this is good. I never thought I would say that about a Daily Mail piece!

Offline mrodoc

• forum hero
    • Peter Glanvill's Webpage
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 09:37:57 am »
It is helped by the jounalist actually being able to talk to the divers themselves. Makes it all clearer. I must say having been strapped in a stretcher but  just in a swimming pool with a Kirby Morgan on it is frightening. The CDG were trialling this rescue technique when I joined the CDG  in 1980. The first cave trial also ended in a near disaster but valuable lessons were learnt although this, as far as I am aware, is the first time the technique has been used in a genuine rescue situation.  At the time of the pool trial  I felt complete loss of control. You have to have great trust in your rescuers.  They did a superb job in just about the worse conditions to conduct such a rescue.  I think the Mendip contingent might have had an advantage as some of the sumps here replicate those conditions plus they are, of course, cold!

Offline rhychydwr1

• forum hero
  • The Mayor of Cwm Parc
    • http://www.showcaves.com
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 10:09:25 am »
More on the Thai Rescue

In the latest issue of Soldier [magazine] August 2018 pp 22-23 LCpl Connor Roe (REME) writes “It was going to take a miracle to get them out”